Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few suggestions for pubs/restaurants in Limerick after Great Limerick Run :)

Options
  • 18-03-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Know it's probably a bit early to be thinking about what to do in the night once the great limerick run is over but just looking for few suggestions.
    Have to say I absolutely love Limerick city and that's coming from a person who is from Galway - think its unfair that Limerick doesn't get the same publicity as say Galway.So much seems to be going on that I don't even know about but having done GLR since it started there seems to be a great buzz in the city that weekend.I love the people in Limerick as well - very friendly and good sense of humour :)
    Was actually down there over the weekend and was sad to see businesses such as Ivan's closed down - great memories as a kid of mam buying gorgeous cakes on a Sunday there before calling over on a visit to the relations in Ballysimon but know its the attitude and positivity of the Limerick people that keeps Limerick being the great city it is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

After a race I don't feel like sitting at a restaurant, I'd rather stay outside. So my usual post Great Limerick Run routine is a mix of the Continental Fair for food and the tables outside the Locke Bar for beer(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The best variety of pubs would be down by the milk market/market quarter area. You have a number of pubs very close to each other so you can wonder from one to another. You have Nancy Blake's, Smyth's, Flannery's, the Library and the Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

We went down by the market quarter last year, there was benches on the road outside smyths and Nancy's and a band playing on the street, people dancing around was really good atmosphere there for the afternoon, Nancy's had a bar outside as well and smyths where doing food and there's a few other restaurants around that area as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

A suggestion for restaurants, In Australia, customers bring in their own wine.
    Whats stopping restaurants leaving customers to bring in their own wine.
    People would be more inclined to go into restaurants with out having to pay through the nose for a bottle.
    A win-win situation all round. More customers to buy food and happy customers willing to go out more to restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

A suggestion for restaurants, In Australia, customers bring in their own wine.
    Whats stopping restaurants leaving customers to bring in their own wine.
    People would be more inclined to go into restaurants with out having to pay through the nose for a bottle.
    A win-win situation all round. More customers to buy food and happy customers willing to go out more to restaurants.

The Unicorn and Poppadom in Limerick have been doing this for years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement