Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Purchase.. how long for contracts to be issued?

Options
  • 18-03-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi
    I went sale agreed on a property in Nth Dublin about 3 weeks ago and am waiting on contract from seller. How long should it typically take for contracts to be issued? Apparently the sellers slr has requested the title deeds and I am told this could take another couple of weeks. Anyone any experience, it seems a bit long to me. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marie rosanna

trust me, the whole process will take 6 weeks or more. If sooner that is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 feebie

Thanks for that Marie Rosanna... Contracts have been requested but neither I nor my solicitor have received anything back yet. It's good to have an idea of the time frame, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marie rosanna

hi feebie, once your solicitor get the contracts it should all move very quickly, you should google "how long to buy a house" and the information there is very good. there is also "a step by step guide to the process of buying a house" worth reading, best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Feebie,
    I presume you paid a deposit to the Estate Agent... you need to contact him/her and inform them that your Solicitor is still waiting on the contract from the Vendor's Solicitor.

feebie wrote: »
    Hi
    I went sale agreed on a property in Nth Dublin about 3 weeks ago and am waiting on contract from seller. How long should it typically take for contracts to be issued? Apparently the sellers slr has requested the title deeds and I am told this could take another couple of weeks. Anyone any experience, it seems a bit long to me. Thanks!

Trish56 wrote: »
    Feebie,
    I presume you paid a deposit to the Estate Agent... you need to contact him/her and inform them that your Solicitor is still waiting on the contract from the Vendor's Solicitor.

Thanks Trish56, I've done that.. twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Solasgeal

Hi, going through the house-buying process at the moment too and it took about 2 weeks after offer being accepted for our solicitor to receive the contract from the seller's solicitor

Thanks Solasgeal, 2 weeks is what I expected... I will keep on top of the estate agent as 5 weeks for contracts seems a bit long to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Getting deeds from bank doesn't take long, are they in neg equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

TheDriver wrote: »
    Getting deeds from bank doesn't take long, are they in neg equity?

Getting deeds from the bank can take long if the bank lose them which happened to us. They did find them after 6 weeks. Also if the house is in negative equity that could cause all sorts of delays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭pawrick

Took me 4 months from sale agreed to getting my 1st version of the contract which I had to get them to revise twice because of mistakes on their solicitors end such as leaving in details from another house sale in the copy and paste job he did and all the other docs. Neither sides were in a hurry but that was a piss take if ever there was and I imagine the longest most would ever take. 6 weeks is the normal amount of time advised.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if the seller is in NE, I will follow up on that. Thanks all.

Advertisement