Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

round bales going mouldy

Options
  • 18-03-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

well lads we made good quality round bales in june we stacked the bales three high lately the top side of the top row have started to go very mouldy what is the cause we don't see any holes in the wrap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

well lads we made good quality round bales in june we stacked the bales three high lately the top side of the top row have started to go very mouldy what is the cause we don't see any holes in the wrap

How many layers is on them?
    Do 20 here and never any mould.
    If its only little small bits it makes no odds to the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Hardy crows pecking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

sunlight on black poly to exposed top row

I see it with bales at end of stack exposed to the most sun

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hardy crows pecking

The crows in Westmeath are tough little feckers alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Gillespy

How many layers is on them?
    Do 20 here and never any mould.
    20 is kinda no where. 24 for 6 layers, 16 for 4 layers. I know some swear 6 layers is the only way but I find 4 plenty, wrapper needs to be right, proper stretch and overlap, then careful handling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Round Bale

Made on a Sunday. What do you expect?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Cheap plastic maybe?

(None of its cheap come to think of it, but cheaper!)

Advertisement