Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing tanco 978 loader.

Options
  • 18-03-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me step by step how they take off their loaded and does it take long. Have it on a ford 7840 and what type of stand do they have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

ford bo wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me step by step how they take off their loaded and does it take long. Have it on a ford 7840 and what type of stand do they have.

What make/model loader? Make of tractor doesn't matter its the make of loader that changes how its done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Seems i missed the make/model in the title some how.

I'm fairly sure they were done same as the 868's, bAsically the frame is a H shape with 2 adjustable legs, it locates up into 2 sockets which are on either side of the front grill guard.
    Put something heavy on fork or bury the bucket in a load of clay, level ground is very important to get it on/off with out hitting tractor, put in the stand then take out the 2 pins at the back of the brackets. Then crowd in the bucket slightly to take weight of the loader and reverse back slowly make sure its sliding away ok, then give it a bit more of a crowd on the bucket to lift it clear and disconnect the pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

ford bo wrote: »

Some pictures there for you, stands are easily made if you can't get one

http://www.eamonnmcdermott.com/details.php?id=403

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭ford bo

Does any one have a video really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

Yeah as above,
    • Leave your bucket or pike on the front
    • Use a level area
    • Leave some weight in the bucket like park it into a mound of earth but leave it tilted slightly downwards so that the front of the bucket is taking the weight
    • Put the stand frame under the radiator protector bracket if you have it ( otherwise put something under the cross bar to hold up the loader.
    • Adjust the tilt so the the locking pins are losse and can be taken out.
    • Reverse out a few inches so the clips holding the loader frame to the tractor brackets.
    • Tilt the bucket back so that it is now flat on the ground, this will cause the loader to pivot around the stand frame and lift it off the tractor bracket.
    • Disconnect the hoses (so you know which one is which wrap some coloured insulation tape about them so you can match them back up when you put it back on) and reverse back straight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Further to all the good advice above. When I have loader off the brackets, but the hoses still connected, I turn off the tractor and move the control leavers to take off the oil pressure so it'll be easier to reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Here is my system beer keg a few blocks and forks into a bale.

Advertisement