Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fence for kids

Options
  • 18-03-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Not the goat kind the 2 legged ones. Have twin 2 year olds that need to be fenced in to garden. Was thinking of post and rail with just top rail and very low bottom rail with 1 inch mesh in between.
    Any other suggestions. Have already suggested electric fence but doesnt seem to be a runner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

A picket fence will keep them in and it looks nice aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Chainlink, the plastic coated stuff if the budget will stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Cran

sister has one of those toddler schools and lovely fenced green area for them to play, nearly sure its simple post and rail with the plastic green chainlink looks really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Come on? Chain link around your house, next thing you'll by talking about Cyprus!

I put up post and rail 3 bar pre treated attached picket panels, a now that kids are older removed picket retreated P&R, really tasty job.

Seriously, chain link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

We have a few chains attached to posts helps to keep them in and far enough apart so they cant fight :eek::D:D:D:D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Come on? Chain link around your house, next thing you'll by talking about Cyprus!

I put up post and rail 3 bar pre treated attached picket panels, a now that kids are older removed picket retreated P&R, really tasty job.

Seriously, chain link?

What's so wrong with chain link? ;)

Any pics of what you did?

What's so wrong with chain link? ;)

Any pics of what you did?

I have it taken down as kids are bigger now. Will trawl through my phone and I'm sure I'll find some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Plant a good whitethorn hedge, should be child proof in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Seriously, chain link?

If you want to secure a small area for toddlers the green chainlink that is 3' high is ideal. You can either attach it to post and rail fence or use it by itself if budget is limited. It is ideal if you want to fence in a small area. Sheep wire is another option but children can climb on the wires. Wire netting can be dangerous as it breaks too easy.

If a big area needs to be fenced picket fencing could be time consuming.

If you want to secure a small area for toddlers the green chainlink that is 3' high is ideal. You can either attach it to post and rail fence or use it by itself if budget is limited. It is ideal if you want to fence in a small area. Sheep wire is another option but children can climb on the wires. Wire netting can be dangerous as it breaks too easy.

If a big area needs to be fenced picket fencing could be time consuming.
    That would be tasty?

• Advertisement
Advertisement