Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablet €78 sports direct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you didn't mind the wait you could probably find a better tablet from China. Not slagging this off though, not really enough info to go on to slag it off, apart from the 512mb RAM isn't great. It's only Dual Core, but then so is the missus Kindle and that's grand. No word of screen resolution. It has Bluetooth which is handy, 5 hour battery isn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd say avoid. "Up to 5 hours" does not sound hopeful and I have a sneaky suspicion the resolution is not as good as they say it is. At that price you may as well get a Nook HD or a Tesco Hudl, which would be far better at roughly the same price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you didn't mind the wait you could probably find a better tablet from China. Not slagging this off though, not really enough info to go on to slag it off, apart from the 512mb RAM isn't great. It's only Dual Core, but then so is the missus Kindle and that's grand. No word of screen resolution. It has Bluetooth which is handy, 5 hour battery isn't bad either.

I'd agree fully 100% 512MB Ram and a Dual core are NOT necessarily a bad thing.
    Add to that, SportsDirect own (nearly?) every product they sell. (They own Donnay, Slazenger, Dunlop, Everlast, Kangol, Karrimor and Lonsdale.)
    So they probably own these too which in theory should be better for covenience.

Then i started reading the spec from the website...

Sidenote - The website also sells headphones that look very similar to another brand that are made cheap in China and cost a fortune over here. So maybe could be used as a better pair, or parts to repair - http://www.outputx.com/

But, the fact that they don't mention resolution, is most likely a bad thing. Also, the processor is A5, which is the processor with the least power available.
    The 5 hours battery is dependant on usage. (So it could be 20 minutes).

You would get a better tablet than that for roughly the same price, in most places in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Not really a 'bargain' OP .. not with those specs

Advertisement