Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charolais bull

Options
  • 17-03-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I need a charolais bull that will put muscle into my blonde cross cows,must be a stock bull.what are your thoughts on the breeding of the bull?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

blonde10 wrote: »
    I need a charolais bull that will put muscle into my blonde cross cows,must be a stock bull.what are your thoughts on the breeding of the bull?

Some of the best calves I seen last year were by lsp but not sure what he is like for calving. Plenty more out there but he is one that stands out to me. Lgl supposed to be very good for muscle too and I think domino was good too back in the day and there is still a good bit of his breeding about. Saying all that there are people a lot more knowledgeable than me on the subject on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cattlelegend

Chose a bull with domino or CF52

Bulls breeding well at the minute are Cloverfield Excellent, Crossmolina Euro, Enfield Plexus all doing a mighty job commercially

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I think CH x Ba is a great cross. Our older bull off Newlook, was a big long bull and he left super calves of the Bax cows. He wasn't easy calved though. The next bull was a smaller, shorter, but thicher bull by Alcazar. He is leaving lovely calves, easy calved, very wide and shapey.
    I'd tend to go for smaller thicker type bull, with a bit of calving ease for Ba cows.
    Ultimately it comes down to what type of cattle you are hoping to breed. Pity I don't have one for sale! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭blonde10

Ya I'm lookin for a bull to put a bit of shape and not too tall,as the calves I have now from our stock bull are a bit on the tall side

Ya I'm lookin for a bull to put a bit of shape and not too tall,as the calves I have now from our stock bull are a bit on the tall side

• Advertisement

What's the stockbull?

What's the stockbull?

Bull were running now is a blonde aswell when there good there very good but the average one is hard enough to get over the line money wise,heifers are good,great length and just enough muscle,but I've see a few Ai blonde bulls used on charolais heifers and the seem to be a great cross,

What's the stockbull?

Bull were running now is a blonde aswell when there good there very good but the average one is hard enough to get over the line money wise,heifers are good,great length and just enough muscle,but I've see a few Ai blonde bulls used on charolais heifers and the seem to be a great cross,

What's the stockbull?

What's the stockbull?

• Advertisement

What's the stockbull?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Is he infertile they keep repeating:D sorry couldn't resist

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Is he infertile they keep repeating:D sorry couldn't resist

I thought it was an echo! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

LGL is the top terminal sire in the country.
    And there's plenty of bulls off him fOr sale. So they should be reasonable enough.

Advertisement