Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Am I Doing Wrong

Options
  • 17-03-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

I rebuilt my kayfun 3.1 clone 1.2 omh coil cotton wool wick on a kicked nemesis clone , kick is set at half way around 9 watts im guessing.

I filled it up had clear tank on it and juice was just to top of plastic tank.

About 20 good draws if even that and juice is down to very end of tank , its not leaking , what the hell, how is it burning juice so fast, my last coil was 2.5omh and cant say i noticed much difference to juice longevity.

Id be happy to vape 3/4 ml a day, not every 10 min, prior to kayfun clone i was using aspire es-t on ego at 4v and typically was using 3/4 ml a day and getting great use and vapor from that .

I switched to rebuildables to be more independent and i enjoy the intense hit of the kayfun.

Anyone have any thoughts ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

You might be flooding it and the juice is in your juice collector. .the section at the bottom of the 3.1.
    How is it vaping? Is it kinda bubbly and poppy(hope that makes sense)when you take a drag. That would mean your coil is well saturated and juice could be going down the air hole and into the juice collector.
    BTW most of the juice will be stored above the clear tank because of the shape of the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Hi chrome , no ive checked the chamber, no volume of note in it , its vaping great in fairness , it can be a tricky bugger to fill without losing juice either from the driptip when inverted to tighten or the collector as you said,

But it was all sealed with no leaks and juice at top of window when i started and the rest you know,

Im assuming more watts = more juice consumption and lower omhs = more juice consumption would this be correct

Yep, more watts would use more juice but too much watts would give you burney!
    20 drags is not normal. Something weird going on there. All your o-rings are sealed? But that would mean flooding...I dunno, I'm flumuxed.
    I stopped using my 3.1 clone because my fill valve wouldn't work for me and I found top filling to be a pita with hit and miss results. I only use the lite and Russian clones now.
    How much cotton are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

masonchat wrote: »
    Im assuming more watts = more juice consumption and lower omhs = more juice consumption would this be correct

Yes to the watts throwing more juice at your face and lower ohms on an unkicked battery would mean higher wattage, but you're using a Kick which negates that.
    Strange problem. Maybe the Kayfun is just that efficient at pumping out the juice?

Its definitely not leaking once it is fill right, i use enough wick as demonstrated by rip trippers down both sides to the top of deck in a S shape.

It really does pack a punch alright as 12mg feels as hard as 18/24 on other devices, and i do see to vape less with it but use more juice lol

• Advertisement

Well i have gone through my second tank since my last post here , and i have been using my ego as well , really very small use for a big tank, once i get down to the window i can literally see the juice going down with each vape,

Its a shame i love the tank otherwise i just cant figure it

Can you put up a pic of your coil and wick?

I can now as i just filled it for the 3rd time today lol , i will try sometime tomorrow , im fairly sure they are ok though , i certainly dont have a wicking problem ha. if i was hitting this the same way i was hitting the ego id go through 2 weeks juice in a day .

Its also a biaaaatch to fill without losing yet more juice. have to partially screw down top cap then invert , wait cpl seconds then finish to screw down , problem here is seal between chimmney stack and top is not engaged until fully screwed down hence lose of liquid out driptip.

i will have to have bottle with funnel ready in future to collect leakage

Yep, I can't fill it without plenty of tissue underneath, its 50/50 if it leaks or not. When you fill it are you keeping the air hole blocked until you turn it upside down?

i keep air hole covered unti i have it fully screwed down , how much use do you get from a full tank mr chrome

• Advertisement

Usually about 2 tanks a day. At first I thought I was using more juice than the a7oid because I didn't have to keep refilling but 50ml still lasts me a week.

50 ML :eek: 10ml would do me normally at least 3 maybe 4 days , id say ill be keeping kayfun for drink nights, and try find a economical rebuildable for everyday use.

I tell ya all things considered im finding it hard to beat the aspire es-t , very economical good vapor , reasonable taste, as soon as i master rebuilding them and kayfun on boggie nights id be sorted.

only thing is aspire looks like a spot on a elephants azz on nemmy :D

EDIT havin said that i can well believe 50ml on the kayfun and thats not with excessive use id say .

One thing i will say it hit like a train with great flavor, im on vodka redbull tonight and usually when drinking that, nothing but a 24mg strong tobacco will do me and id be struggling to even taste that on aspire.

tonight im happily on my 12mg butterscotch/american blend with kayfun and still tasting good flavor

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Mason - I'd read that cotton soaks juice up like a sponge and the juice doesn't last as long as with say silica wick or mesh.
    Recently I've been rebuilding with cotton (organic and unbleached would you mind) and I definitely find this to be the case :( I'm refilling like a long distance haulier...Surprised nobody else mentioned this...

csi vegas wrote: »
    Mason - I'd read that cotton soaks juice up like a sponge and the juice doesn't last as long as with say silica wick or mesh.
    Recently I've been rebuilding with cotton (organic and unbleached would you mind) and I definitely find this to be the case :( I'm refilling like a long distance haulier...Surprised nobody else mentioned this...

I know they would soak quite a bit on first fill , but dont see why they would use more after that , definitely burns more for some reason though

I got girlfriend to braid 3 stands of .16 kanthal and i made a coil 11 wraps came out 1.8omh, its a biggish coil gets hot from center out as it should , it is slow to get red on the ends, but it seems to be workin very well great vapor and taste is good

Juice seems to be lasting much longer with this set up for some reason ? but this is a good thing, does a longer coil use more battery though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Juice seems to be lasting much longer with this set up for some reason ? but this is a good thing, does a longer coil use more battery though ?

Q1: Weird.

Q2: No, a coil draws power dependent on resistance, having more or less wire to reach the same resistance wouldn't affect that.
    It can affect the heat you feel, or the ability of the wick to keep up. Smaller wire will heat faster, get hotter, and the wick might not be able to keep up, but twisted or braided coils are a good way to get past that if you can stick the ramp-up time.

Yeah it takes a second or 2 alright but im fine with that for longer lasting tank of juice, ive been vaping this now quite heavy last 2.5 hours juice hasnt come to top of window yet on previous set it i would be half way down now , i aint complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I got girlfriend to braid 3 stands of .16 kanthal and i made a coil 11 wraps came out 1.8omh, its a biggish coil gets hot from center out as it should , it is slow to get red on the ends, but it seems to be workin very well great vapor and taste is good

Braided now, or twisted?
    This I must try as the cotton set up is just like somebody's syphilling at night my vanilla custard from my clearo's...probly is too - that damn e-cig grabbing oaf for a boyfriend that I've got...

Anyone having issues pulling out cotton to replace it, coil intact? Can't do this at all, cotton breaks away as I gently, ever so gently do try prise it from its home...not a chance of a quick exchange, nothing. Me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

csi vegas wrote: »
    Braided now, or twisted?
    This I must try as the cotton set up is just like somebody's syphilling at night my vanilla custard from my clearo's...probly is too - that damn e-cig grabbing oaf for a boyfriend that I've got...

Anyone having issues pulling out cotton to replace it, coil intact? Can't do this at all, cotton breaks away as I gently, ever so gently do try prise it from its home...not a chance of a quick exchange, nothing. Me sad.
    Noticed this, pull cotton from BOTH ends at the same time, stresses the coil less and any stray fibres left will easily burn off...

As for your boyfriend.....sorry, can't help you there......:)

grindle wrote: »
    Q1: Weird.

Q2: No, a coil draws power dependent on resistance, having more or less wire to reach the same resistance wouldn't affect that.
    It can affect the heat you feel, or the ability of the wick to keep up. Smaller wire will heat faster, get hotter, and the wick might not be able to keep up, but twisted or braided coils are a good way to get past that if you can stick the ramp-up time.

Had no internet for a week, braided like a plat, if you are replacing the wick just burn off the old one, and twist the new one hand twisting away from you the other hand twisting towards you as you ease it through

• Advertisement
Advertisement