Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stood up!

Options
  • 17-03-2014 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there,

Not sure of thymes a thread on his already but here goes. Could do with some advice!
    Been seeing a guy for a month. Getting along great. Both of us are pretty busy during the week so contact Monday to Friday is calls and texts, maybe he'd call over for tea. We always meet up at weekends for dates, DVDs, dinner.

This weekend was lovely, we spent a lot of time together, really made the most of the long weekend.....or so I thought! Yesterday he had organised to meet his friends for drinks in town after the parade, I did the same with my friends. We said we'd all get together later in the evening, we have a lot of mutual friends. However, eleven o clock arrived, my friends (all mammies) had to head home so I rang him, no answer, called again, no answer. So I headed home too. At half one he called telling me where he was to meet him, I found it hard to hear him. Told him everyone had gone home so I had to call it a night. He hung up! No goodbye, nothing!

So after a night of restless annoyed sleep, I'm all confused and flustered. I don't want to text him, I want him to know that he can't just forget about me like that, but I don't want a fight. It's not worth fighting over but at the same time he needs to know that I'm not to be treated like this!

What do I dooooo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey.. In your post you said it was agreed that you'd 'all get together' due to having mutual friends, how come that didn't happen? I totally understand you being annoyed, but I think you should call him as from what I have read it sounds like a bit of miscommunication has gone on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tryinmybest

Sorry I should have made myself a little clearer! Rereading my post I can see that now! We do have mutual friends, and they were all with me in the pub!

Sorry I should have made myself a little clearer! Rereading my post I can see that now! We do have mutual friends, and they were all with me in the pub!

So he was with other friends?

He was, as we haven't been seeing each other that long, I haven't met all the friends yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Maybe he couldn't hear you either, you said you could barely hear him, and got cut off due to.poor connection?
    Also he didnt really treat you badly in.my.opinion, it was just a case of miscommunication on a very.busy night!
    Last night I was supposed to meet someone but by time I got there pub door was closed. I moved to.different pub, they came to find me but it was so crowded we.totally missed each other. It is really annoying but it was mayhem so it is understandable that plans went awry!
    I am sure its the same for you and your fellow... Don't assume he hung up, chat to.him.about it.

• Advertisement

Ok... Well I could be way off here but it really does sound to me like there was a bit of a miscommunication between you both, are you saying that everyone you were out with went home at 11pm? Did you know what pub he was in?

He knew what pub I was in, this is a small town! I can see now that I over reacted, or over analysed it all. But still feel bad, and very silly!

And thanks for the speedy advice!

Ah look just call him, I wouldn't be feeling silly, he knew what pub you were in, but he called you to arrange to meet, you told him you were after going home- bad signal and possible wires crossed due to a combination of having a few drinks?- you weren't stood up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

So after a night of restless annoyed sleep, I'm all confused and flustered. I don't want to text him, I want him to know that he can't just forget about me like that, but I don't want a fight. It's not worth fighting over but at the same time he needs to know that I'm not to be treated like this!

What do I dooooo?

So you don't want to text him but you want him to know you are annoyed - is he telepathic? The last paragraph of your post is like something a spoilt child would write.

He probably didn't hear his phone when you rang him. I was out last night and missed calls and texts from friends.

You had a "restless annoyed sleep" more fool you. You've only known this guy a month why are you letting him bother you this much?

• Advertisement

He knew what pub I was in, this is a small town! I can see now that I over reacted, or over analysed it all. But still feel bad, and very silly!

And if he knew what pub you were in then I'd hazard a guess and say you knew what pub he was in- chose to head home instead of going to the pub he was in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

What do I dooooo?

OP I don't know if this is the way you normally express yourself, or if it is indeed because you're confused and flustered, but, to be honest, I'd find you overly dramatic, immature, entitled, and clingy.

I wouldn't normally post something so direct but honestly, in your case I think you need a serious look at yourself when you're only seeing a guy a month and you kick off that "he needs to know you won't be treated like this"...

You'll drive him away with that sort of talk. I'd normally suggest that you calm down first and call him, but honestly, the guy might be better off if you didn't contact him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I agree, you're behaving like a petulant child.

This is clearly a case of miscommunication and yet you seem hell bent on making it into a big deal. The easiest thing would be to contact him like an adult, laugh at the misunderstanding and arrange the next meet up. It's only a big deal if you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Was it possible for you to go and try find him in the bar he was in?

Advertisement