Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To change to android or not to change???

Options
  • 17-03-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

I have been an iphone user for a very long time, since my 3210. I currently have the iphone 4 since the first month it came out years ago. Sadly it is dying and refusing to take a charge.

So do i change to android with my new phone? I use my iphone allot to listen to podcasts on the way to work and have a load of music on it from itunes. I would have spent 1,000's on itunes over the years. I have an ipad air so i guess I can use that for the tunes at home but not on the move.

If I get and android can I move all my tunes to it easy enough ( I am a techtard unless its excel)?

Which is the best one to get? I love the 5s and will love the 6 I am sure but I am far too old to be spending such money on a phone.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

I have a tonne of stuff on itunes and recently got my Lumia 800 swapped for a Lumia 925 by Nokia Care in Galway and since I changed to Window phone 8, everything in my itunes comes up on window phone app on the PC, everything came over no problemo! I thought my Lumia 800 was a dead duck and was looking at the Lumia 625 before I got a nice warranty related surprise! :cool:
    I think they're going for €150ish on pay as you go so not a bank buster!, might be an option outside Android, just my two cents! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Moved from a 3GS to a Sony Xperia T, the Sony software took absolutely everything I wanted from the iPhone. Seamless. May not be the most super duper android out there, but the changeover process is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Regarding Podcasts, I have a Nexus 4 (great phone & Nexus 5 is even better) and I use it for podcasts exactly as you do.

I have an App called Podcast Addict, not the prettiest app in the world but it can't be faulted for it's functionality, it's the perfect Podcast app!
    I sub to 4 podcasts and at 4 in the morning my phone automatically downloads & queues all the latest episodes from my sub'd podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Absolutely not trying to get an ios v android debate going here before anyone responds but with the top end androids (htc one, s4/5 etc) you will not miss your iphone as they blow apple phones out of the water in my opinion (i moved from an iphone 4 to a htc one) but if you go for the cheaper ones you probably will. Top end are nearly the price of an iphone though. Android is a very mixed bag, at least with apple they are all fairly high end. Everytime I plug my htc one into a laptop it prompts me to transfer files from an iphone so that end of it is straightforward anyway

Advertisement