Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire a tractor /how much

Options
  • 16-03-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking to hire a tractor to pull a low loader for half a day. Have a tractor but it's not suitable for this as it's a long trip involving couple towns. Our am I better off get a neighbour? Trying to be economical. So, the question is how much approx am I looking at. Thanks. Going to make couple calls tomorrow anyway. Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

If you could call in a favour form one of the neighbours it would save you a few quid, I think it would be 150 a day

If you could call in a favour form one of the neighbours it would save you a few quid, I think it would be 150 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Think I'll go that route. At 150 a day that ain't too cheap. Better to give a few quid to a neighbour than a tractor dealer I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

kay 9 wrote: »
    Think I'll go that route. At 150 a day that ain't too cheap. Better to give a few quid to a neighbour than a tractor dealer I suppose.

That's the better option I think

Or even offer to do a bit of work for him in return instead of payment, like milking if hes away some weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

kay 9 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to hire a tractor to pull a low loader for half a day. Have a tractor but it's not suitable for this as it's a long trip involving couple towns. Our am I better off get a neighbour? Trying to be economical. So, the question is how much approx am I looking at. Thanks. Going to make couple calls tomorrow anyway. Thanks..
    did you try and get a lad with a lorry to maybe do a run for you? itss more often a false economy with lads heading off to draw something home themselves. lads looking for backloads or even just doing a run for you nearly always cost less when all is accounted for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

Miname wrote: »
    did you try and get a lad with a lorry to maybe do a run for you? itss more often a false economy with lads heading off to draw something home themselves. lads looking for backloads or even just doing a run for you nearly always cost less when all is accounted for.

How much would a150 hp tractor be to rent for 6 months?

I d say youd struggle to find a fella what would do a rent for that lent of time, might be worth giving a few dealers a shout though

I d say youd struggle to find a fella what would do a rent for that lent of time, might be worth giving a few dealers a shout though

theres a couple of lads at it round here, i think it runs between 700 - 1000 per week depending on whether repairs are done by the owner of the machine or the lad hiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

theres a couple of lads at it round here, i think it runs between 700 - 1000 per week depending on whether repairs are done by the owner of the machine or the lad hiring.

Not too cheap!!!!

Not too cheap!!!!

Very dear alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

There's a fair few of the bigger dealers do long term hire, think most are some were around €10/hr based on 1000hr over 1 year hire

Here's tfm's setup, just used it as i remember seing it before and they have there prices listed!

http://templetuohy.jd-dealer.co.uk/About-us/Campaigns/TFM-2013-TRACTOR-HIRE-ALL-PRICES-VAT

its cheap when its usually the harder jobs they are brought in for. They are an expensive commodity and when the arse is being dragged out of them its untold what damage could be done. a lad hiring one isnt going to be tipping round the yard with a power box on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You'd never want to pull the stopper at those rates :(

Advertisement