Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo gear stolen

Options
  • 16-03-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    My car was robbed at Luggala Sally Gap, county Wicklow on the 13 of March (thursday). If somebody will come across some of the gear listed below please contact me.
    Here is the list of items been stolen (not only photographic ones):
    • 1 Lowepro backpack
    • 1 Swiss backpack
    • Mobile phone Samsung Galaxy s4
    • Mobile phone HTC Desire S
    • Memory cards (SD and CF)
    • Satnav Garmin Nuvi
    • Flash Canon 580EX2
    • Flash Yongnuo
    • Sekonic Light meter
    • Wireless triggers
    • 2 Wallets with documents belonging to Mr Rac..... and Mrs Rac..... (Lithuanian driving licences, Lithuanian ID cards, UK social insurance cards, bank cards, a lot of discount cards)
    • Lens Canon 50mm 1.4
    • Lens Canon 85mm 1.8
    • Lens Canon 100-400
    • Various batteries
    • Lens Filters
    • 2 Skoda Octavia keys
    • Silver Canon film camera
    • Films
    • Lens cleaning kits
    I would also like to ask you if somebody will see somewhere online any of items listed above for sale please do send me a link to that ad. I do have serial numbers on hand so I could compare them.
    I would really appreciate any information.

Thank you again for your help
    Arturas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The CAR was actually robbed, or everything was robbed from the car ? Either which way, worst thing ever.

Bit too late for the OP, but this is a salutary reminder to NEVER EVER LEAVE STUFF IN YOUR CARS ANYWHERE IN THE WICKLOW MOUNTAINS. People let their guards down because it's so remote and lovely, park their cars, and go off for walks, leaving stuff in their cars. There are organised gangs of thieves who regularly go through the car parks looking for anything they can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

The CAR was actually robbed, or everything was robbed from the car ? Either which way, worst thing ever.

Bit too late for the OP, but this is a salutary reminder to NEVER EVER LEAVE STUFF IN YOUR CARS ANYWHERE IN THE WICKLOW MOUNTAINS. People let their guards down because it's so remote and lovely, park their cars, and go off for walks, leaving stuff in their cars. There are organised gangs of thieves who regularly go through the car parks looking for anything they can take.

The thing is we spent not more than 10 minutes taking pictures. And we were just maybe 50 meters away... Of course we learned the lesson... I am thinking to put signs over there... Even garda told us that similar accidents happens over there all the time... but there are no signs like it would be in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you have serial numbers for any of the gear that would help to identify it.

pete4130 wrote: »
    If you have serial numbers for any of the gear that would help to identify it.
    We have some of the serial numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

arcius wrote: »
    The thing is we spent not more than 10 minutes taking pictures. And we were just maybe 50 meters away... Of course we learned the lesson... I am thinking to put signs over there... Even garda told us that similar accidents happens over there all the time... but there are no signs like it would be in other countries.

Sorry for asking but what time of the day was that? also did you see the guys braking into your car?

I honestly hope you get at least some of your gear back.

• Advertisement

antoniolgj wrote: »
    Sorry for asking but what time of the day was that? also did you see the guys braking into your car?

I honestly hope you get at least some of your gear back.
    That happened at around 13.30. It was some cars when we arrived but didn't pay attention to them. Also it was some cyclists.... My car has a front camera, so gardai took a memory card from it to investigate. Maybe they will see anything suspicious when we arrived. They were happy that we have a dashcam. They said they might see if someone followed us or maybe some known faces or cars in the car park. Camera supposed to record up to 15 minutes after the engine switched off so I hope it worked properly. As we spent less outside. But anyway if someone will come across any item listed above please do let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Was the gear in the boot? usually safe in there no?

You're right though, there should be some signs around as it's notorious for car break-ins.

penev10 wrote: »
    Was the gear in the boot? usually safe in there no?

You're right though, there should be some signs around as it's notorious for car break-ins.

Everything was in the boot. They smashed front side fly window and got access from inside to the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

arcius wrote: »
    Everything was in the boot. They smashed front side fly window and got access from inside to the boot.

That's terrible. Nothing is safe with that kind of scum around.

Advertisement