Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cigabuy?

Options
  • 16-03-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of ye have used Cigabuy.

I'm looking to buy my first mod and was hoping the shipping from them won't take as long as Fasttech.
    The prices seem great but what about the quality of the stuff?
    Any info would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I've had a lot off Dealings with Cigabuy, Cigabuy is part off the Chinese online shop Tinydeal, and was created because off the huge demand tinydeal was getting for electronic cigarettes and related products, the quality of the stuff is good, don't know exactly what you are looking at, but I'd put money on it being as described, Shipping: No different to FT, might take 3 weeks might take longer! Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I have bought from Cigabuy and Tinydeal in the past.
    As said, shipping is about three weeks, the quality of the goods is mixed in my opinion.
    Some items I got were fine and worked without problems, others I had to bin as sending them back was just not an option.

Yeah, Google'd them and they got mixed reviews.

Lol, it's harder trying to figure out what to order than from whom.
    So many shiny things , I want them all but the budget is limited.

I think I'll go for the Nememis clone from Fasttech with either a Kayfun or Kraken atomizer and maybe a dripping atomize as well.

Have you tried their batteries and chargers?

So many choices my head hurts :)

Oh and would I need to get a Kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Oh and would I need to get a Kick?

If you need regulation or if you're gonna build at high-for-a-mech resistances (1.5ohm+) or use cartos and clearos then a Kick is worthwhile for single coil builds, but it's not needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Sorry to hijack but can i ask you one question please grindle, i understand amp drain limit of batteries (i think) lower resistence/omhs = higher drain, and i understand a kick protects from over draining and over stressing a battery but

am a bit confused about your above comment 1.5omh+ , in my mind 1.5+ would be 1.8omh 2omh etc, am i just confused with what is high/low resistance.

I.E is higher resistance of 1.5omh actually 1.4omh 1.3omh etc and what shouldnt you put on a kick, thanks grindle

masonchat wrote: »
    am a bit confused about your above comment 1.5omh+ , in my mind 1.5+ would be 1.8omh 2omh etc, am i just confused with what is high/low resistance.

I.E is higher resistance of 1.5omh actually 1.4omh 1.3omh etc and what shouldnt you put on a kick, thanks grindle
    I'm confused by your confusion. You have it right, higher numbers = higher resistance.
    1.5ohm is the traditional low resistance but any higher than that is gonna be a weak vape on a mech, especially once the battery drops below 4v.

You can regulate lower resistances with a Kick, but depending on how you like your vape a Kick might be a necessity for 1.5ohm and higher. It's what the Kick was made for, getting a good vape from higher resistance coils on a mech.

As for what you shouldn't put on a Kick...even though 0.8ohm may work it's pointless because you're limiting the wattage rather than boosting it.
    Multi-coil builds would be pointless on the first Kick or it's clones, and very nearly almost pointless with a Kick2.

grindle wrote: »
    I'm confused by your confusion. You have it right, higher numbers = higher resistance.
    1.5ohm is the traditional low resistance but any higher than that is gonna be a weak vape on a mech, especially once the battery drops below 4v.

You can regulate lower resistances with a Kick, but depending on how you like your vape a Kick might be a necessity for 1.5ohm and higher. It's what the Kick was made for, getting a good vape from higher resistance coils on a mech.

As for what you shouldn't put on a Kick...even though 0.8ohm may work it's pointless because you're limiting the wattage rather than boosting it.
    Multi-coil builds would be pointless on the first Kick or it's clones, and very nearly almost pointless with a Kick2.

Ah thats grand gridle thanks ,

Put in my order from Fasttech yesterday.

I think I got everything covered but could check just to make sure I'm not missing something important.
    I'd hate to be waiting 4-5 weeks then have to wait again.

Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod
    Switch Magnets for Nemesis Mod (10-Pack)

Variable Wattage Kick Module for Mechanical Mod / PV

Kayfun Lite Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL)

Panasonic NCR18650PF 3.6V "2900mAh" Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) x 2

2*18650 Lithium Li-Ion Battery Charger (EU)

2-in-1 Combo Tester (Ohm Meter + Volt Meter) for E-Cigarette

Patriot Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Pre-Coiled Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (50-Pack)
    32AWG, 1.5ohm, 30*30mm(Tightly Coiled)

Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (50-Pack)
    1.5ohm, 32 AWG, 4-Wick: 50-Pack

All broken up into orders under 22e.

Also got a few juices. I usually vape 24mg nic but should I lower this for dripping?

Some of the stuff won't ship until the 27th :(
    but it will give me time to brush up on Ohms Law.

Some of the stuff wont ship untill next xmass :D

• Advertisement

Lol, thanks a lot :P

I'm like a child waiting for Christmas even tho he knows it's months away >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If you want to use the kick in the nemesis, you'll need 18500 size batteries. It won't take a kick with 18650.

Hi Fred,

just checked there, it comes with a kick ring to take the 18650 so I'm good

cheers

Hi Fred,

just checked there, it comes with a kick ring to take the 18650 so I'm good

cheers

I'm not so sure it will, happy to be corrected though.

However, a kick and an 18650 battery is going to be big. I tend to use mine with an 18350 and just take a spare battery with me.

Yeah , good idea, perfect for stealth vaping :)

This is the vid where he uses the kick with a 18650, he also uses the Kayfun.
    I'm glad I ordered that one , it looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJuVUe-XDLs

I'm not so sure it will, happy to be corrected though.

However, a kick and an 18650 battery is going to be big. I tend to use mine with an 18350 and just take a spare battery with me.

Nemesis' and clones always come with a kick ring. It is huge, but still about 6mm smaller than the 18650 ProVari.

Think the only way you can buy it sans kick ring is if you buy the aluminium tube version on FT.

grindle wrote: »
    Nemesis' and clones always come with a kick ring. It is huge, but still about 6mm smaller than the 18650 ProVari.

Think the only way you can buy it sans kick ring is if you buy the aluminium tube version on FT.

I stand corrected then. I'll have to check what came with mine.

It feels like a baseball bat even with a kick and the 18500 though. Or maybe I just have small hands!

Depends what you have on it for baseball-mode, Kayfuns, Squapes and Taifuns are gone make it look ridonkulously big. Small dripper, not so much.
    18500 & dripper or 18350 & tank seems an ideal size. 18350 & dripper is so small I can't use my pinky finger to fire.

Cmooooon battery tech, you're almost there, but not quite yet.
    We have to find reasons for laptop and electric car manufacturers to want 18500s.

Hey, guess what I found in my vaping toolbox. A random stainless steel ring, about the size of a kick!

Using the IB tanked carto tank with it.

What are the aluminium tubes like, do they make it look cheap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Nemesis can run in 18650 mode with a kick. Kick ring takes care of that.

Nemesis is on it's way, when ordered they said shipping 27th :D

Advertisement