Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing location on council list

Options
  • 16-03-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I hope I have put this is the right category but Im looking for advixe about changing location on a council house list.

I am currently on the waiting list since last summer,I don't recieve rent allowance as I recieve child maintenance and my rent is too low. I live on the border or two counties.my daughter is starting school in September but the school is in the other county which would mean relocating to that town which is approx 15min drive away from where I currently live.
    I know I would have to apply to that county council to be assessed for a house, how do I go about it do I ask for a transfer on the list from the council im currently on or make a whole New application again.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I would imagine you need to fill in a new application.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dani7x

If you change your preferred areas of choice, you will be back to the start of the waiting list for that area. I recently asked about changing areas and was told I'll be at the bottom of the list again because I cannot skip the que of the rest of the people that's already waiting on that area. Hope that helps

Advertisement