Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do They Like Me?

Options
  • 16-03-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, going unreg for this because I just want opinions (obviously this is not a "one size fits all" issue) BUT, what are key signs to YOU that a person is interested romantically?

If they ask about your current relationship status a lot, or inquire about your past relationships?

etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Hi OP, I've moved your thread to this forum as I think it's more suited to here.
    Sauve :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Depends OP, when I was younger the question 'so do you like anyone?' was the common way to find out. 'maybe :) do you? ;)' was the usual response. Get in!!

If youre a bit older, well I just got a sense with my current gf. We were only talking a few days and I came out and asked her if we could get together.

I guess if you get some quality conversation its a start and you can talk about some hobbies etc without any issue.

e.g I'm a big gamer but we spoke until 2.am the first night about games and comics without feeling uncomfortable and she messages me 8.am the next morning.

I don't know if I'm helping.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

howdoiknow wrote: »
    what are key signs to YOU that a person is interested romantically?

When I ask them out on a date and they say yes.

The point I'm trying to make is that rather than trying to play guessing games as to what someone else is thinking, if YOU are interested in THEM, why not take the initiative and see if they want to grab a coffee together, or a movie, or go out for a few drinks or whatever. It's a much more effective way of getting a feel for the situation than trying to interpret every utterance the other person is making as possibly being romantic in nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

mike_ie wrote: »
    When I ask them out on a date and they say yes.

The point I'm trying to make is that rather than trying to play guessing games as to what someone else is thinking, if YOU are interested in THEM, why not take the initiative and see if they want to grab a coffee together, or a movie, or go out for a few drinks or whatever. It's a much more effective way of getting a feel for the situation than trying to interpret every utterance the other person is making as possibly being romantic in nature.

Exactly.

Advertisement