Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes - phasing out of half sizes

Options
  • 16-03-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Shoe shopping is not easy for me. I'm very picky and cannot bare uncomfortable shoes. I'm a size 5 and half.

I've noticed over the past year or so that many shops have stopped stocking half sizes and it seems that the number is increasing. This is incredibly frustrating - a size 5 is too small for me and a size 6 is too big.

Has anyone else been finding this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Yeah I've noticed this a lot actually, but do ask if you can order them in because sometimes a shop won't stock them but they can order them if requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm 5 and a half too, I never used to, but I have taking to saving up and buying in Clarks.

It's either that or cheap size 6 shoes and a thick pair of socks!

Though, different places fit totally differently, size 5 in Next is perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I'm 4.5 and have always found it very difficult to buy shoes in half sizes. For the last while I've been getting most of my shoes in M&S - they're 4.5 fits me perfectly. For the first time in years I'm actually able to walk in shoes without straps that don't fall off me! I think Aldo have started to stock shoes in half sizes, which is great.

I wish more places would stock them, because there's a huge number of people who are 'half' sizes.

Advertisement