Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Pinewood Green Ave Balbriggan like?

Options
  • 16-03-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All

We have to relocate to Dublin for work.

We will be renting out our house in Waterford but as this wont cover our mortgage, we have a friend who has a house in Pinewood Green Ave in balbriggan who is offering us a very good rental price. Basically whatever we can rent our house for, we are hoping to pay the same in rent ourselves.

We had a look at our friends house but we're not sure about the area it's in. Does anyone here know it? Is it a safe fairly quiet place to live?

Also what type of broadband can you get in balbriggan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

Mmmm. Traditionally, Pinewood would be one of (if not the) roughest estate in the town. Not sure if it calmed down in recent years, but it was a bit dodge in years gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Mmmm. Traditionally, Pinewood would be one of (if not the) roughest estate in the town. Not sure if it calmed down in recent years, but it was a bit dodge in years gone by.

No one likes Branding an estate, there are nice people everywhere and not nice people, but I have to agree. I wouldn't Choose to live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

Sorry OP but have to agree, Pinewood is not somewhere I would want to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Its a rather colourful area and if (going by years past) feuding families is your idea of excitement then I'd say go for it ;)

Overall though its not really that bad most of the residents in Pinewood are lovely nice people there's just the minority that cause trouble sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I'm not going to add further to what other posters have said on what the estate is like. My experience of the area is minimal and over a decade ago.
    What I will say is that you appear to be getting a great deal from your friend. There's no such thing as a free lunch - there had to be a catch or more precisely a reason why you were getting such a deal. The reputation of the estate is it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

All depends on what you're used to OP. If you're a "Ned Flanders" then it's probably not the place for you.
    I bought a house there, moving from a similar estate about 7 years ago and never had a days trouble.

The comments here are way over the top to be honest and smack of semi-detached, neighbourhood watch, you're not getting your ball back types.

It's a council built estate and pretty par for the course, no worse than the rest.

Advertisement