Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend Y300 - Messaging & Contacts Problem

Options
  • 15-03-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I very recently got a Huawei Ascend Y300 after being very impressed with the G300 and there's a couple of things that are doing my head in in particular in relation to the messaging and contacts.

Basically, if I text for example 'Mary' at 087 1234567 the message will send but when she responds it will come back to me with no contact name and +353 87 1234567 as the number. The number coming back with the +353 code is causing my phone not to think it's an unrecognized number messaging me.

This is not an issue when I'm texting someone whose number I know, but pretty annoying when a contact whose number I'm not familiar with messages me as I'm left to trawl through my phone book trying to see the number without the +353 to determine who sent the message or text back asking who it is.

Is there any solution to this short of going through my entire phone book and changing each contacts number to that with the +353 code in front of it?

I've searched around the internet but haven't found anything else around the issue so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Advertisement