Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book reader

Options
  • 15-03-2014 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good book reader.

Im looking for one that will have two pages open in landscape mode on the screen.

It can be done on a laptop but it seems to open the one page on a tablet.

Im after installing loads and its all the one page on the screen. I've uninstalled those again.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try Aldiko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

biko wrote: »
    Did you try Aldiko?

Yeah, it doesnt have the two page view.

Yeah, it doesnt have the two page view.

https://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/21248673-Does-Aldiko-support-two-2-column-view-at-landscape-

Also I'm pretty sure Moon Reader supports it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Can anyone recommend a good book reader.

Im looking for one that will have two pages open in landscape mode on the screen.

It can be done on a laptop but it seems to open the one page on a tablet.

Im after installing loads and its all the one page on the screen. I've uninstalled those again.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Just tried Moonreader on my tablet there. It allows 2 pages in landscape mode. I had to mess around with the settings a bit (I had mine set to show only one page and default to portrait) but it works fine. Screenshot attached below.

Moonreader is the best I've found. It integrates with Google Drive, so you can store your books on Drive and they take a minute to download the first time. Also if you use multiple devices it syncs your reading position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Yes, you're right.

And Moon Reader too.

But both only has the landscape view if its a book in epub format that you bought. I had the one epub book to try in the landscape mode in both readers.

But it was the pdf files I had problems with. Moon Reader doesn't support pdf's and Aldiko does but you can only read the one pdf page.

I had scanned in a magazine and wanted to transfer it to my tablet but it was only coming up one page at a time and looks best in two page view. I got around it by creating a document in landscape mode and putting two pages on one and converting it to pdf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement