Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early contractions..one off?

Options
  • 15-03-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I got contractions yest at 7.30am. Im 16 weeks. I was scanned twice. Baby, placenta, cervix etc all perfect & the contractions faded during the day. Dr's couldnt explain but put me on bedrest. I feel fine today.
    Anyone any knowledge or positive stories to tell me. Im v upset about it. Tia.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi, I got contractions for an hour or 2 when I was 22 weeks. Very painful and regular but they must've been braxton hicks. I'm due my baby on Monday and I haven't had any contractions since! Try not to worry yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Thanks so much for your reply. Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

I started getting contractions at 22 weeks that were extremely frequent and went on daily until about 38 weeks. Eventually had to be induced at 10 days over.

I know it's really worrying and I had to finish up work over it but in the end turned out that they were contractions that weren't strong enough to cause labour.

Best of luck, try not worry too much

Advertisement