Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep and trailor test?

Options
  • 15-03-2014 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Did my EB(car and trailor) theory test and must book a test soon for my full license,Just wondering what type of trailor to use? cattle box or builder trailor??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

farmerjj wrote: »
    Did my EB(car and trailor) theory test and must book a test soon for my full license,Just wondering what type of trailor to use? cattle box or builder trailor??

I think it's a cattle box with blocks inside for the weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Jeeps are rubbish, suggest you go for a Land Rover/ Range Rover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

LordSutch wrote: »
    Jeeps are rubbish, suggest you go for a Land Rover/ Range Rover.

Think you missed the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A cattle or horse box type trailer is easier for the test than a builders trailer. There a new guidelines since last January amount having to do the test with the trailer weighted with blocks. Take a look at the RSA website - it will have full details on how many and how these are to be placed on the trailer. There are also changes to the weight limits introduced since then.

Around here they have started pulling for no trailer EB/BE licence and issuing fines etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

What about L plates. Do they need to be up for the test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yes you need L plates because when you think about it you only hold a provisional licence in EB category. Technically u should have them displayed every time you pull a trailer if you haven't passed the test.

The day of my test l put them on the ramp of the trailer and front windscreen of jeep. I used a little blob of tech7 to stick them on the ramp as the magnetic ones won't stick to aluminium (as l found out! ) l'm sure duct tape would do the trick also. I stuck two on ramp in case one blew off! Also bring a few spare bulbs and a screwdriver with you as if indicators or brake bulbs not working you won't get out on road abd l think they give you a few minutes grace to get things right

Clean out the vehicle as well, I know of an instance (on here) where a tester refused to proceed with the test as the vehicle interior was too dusty, they can also refuse if you have tinted windows and a host of other things!

Leave nothing to chance ...

gozunda wrote: »
    Clean out the vehicle as well, I know of an instance where a tester refused to proceed with the test as the vehicle interior was too dusty, they can also refuse if you have tinted windows and a host of other things!

Too Dusty.....My god :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Cran

gozunda wrote: »
    Clean out the vehicle as well, I know of an instance where a tester refused to proceed with the test as the vehicle interior was too dusty, they can also refuse if you have tinted windows and a host of other things!

I got a lecture for having a sledge in the back and how it was a legal object which should tied down. He made me put it in the trailer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I did mine just before the changes came in there last year, but the trailer had to be enclosed, so it might rule out the builders trailer

• Advertisement

Cran wrote: »
    I got a lecture for having a sledge in the back and how it was a legal object which should tied down. He made me put it in the trailer:rolleyes:

Probably didn't know what the sledge was for anyways

Reggie. wrote: »
    Too Dusty.....My god :rolleyes:

Meant to post the link . Knew it was here somewhere

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056767802/1/#post81006978

Advertisement