Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm finance

Options
  • 15-03-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Hi mod if I'm in wrong Board please move.

Looking at buying a little bit of land that I walked this evening. I have always banked with one of the main banks just wondering are acc still offer loans. Due to start meeting banks next week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Bellview wrote: »

Looking at buying a little bit of land that I walked this evening. I have always banked with one of the main banks just wondering are acc still offer loans. Due to start meeting banks next week

i tried them .. rep told me that for the amount I was borrowing it wouldn't be worth his while! went with aib that I bank with in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Bellview wrote: »

Just bought land and dealt with AIB. Verbal sanction in 2 weeks written 1 week later. Was very organised when applying which cut it the need for them coming back with queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Bodacious wrote: »
    i tried them .. rep told me that for the amount I was borrowing it wouldn't be worth his while! went with aib that I bank with in the end

I was a bit insulted by ACC he told me he deals with lads that would that amount up on the back of a tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was a bit insulted by ACC he told me he deals with lads that would that amount up on the back of a tractor
    Aren't ACC winding up in June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Be glad you didn't go with them. Shower of ******s to deal with.

Unfortunately I've a loan with them for a shed and when the dept decided to pay out the grant over three years I needed to reorganise the loan. The guy I had the misfortune to deal with was I the most ignorant *****r I've ever dealt with. I'd say they learned their customer service from Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Just bought land and dealt with AIB. Verbal sanction in 2 weeks written 1 week later. Was very organised when applying which cut it the need for them coming back with queries.

Congratulations. I wish you luck.

Advertisement