Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some job stats/emigration stats/for the midwest..

Options
  • 14-03-2014 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Getting a bit bogged down in my research for the some job creation stats for the midwest.

As in, is it possible to find out what types of jobs are being created as opposed to just the overall number?

Are there any reports that could show me the numbers of jobs created by county or region?

I had a look on Enterprise Ireland and the IDA site, but might be looking in the wrong places.

I assume the CSO site will give me the figures for last year in terms of unemployment and/or emigration?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Getting a bit bogged down in my research for the some job creation stats for the midwest.

As in, is it possible to find out what types of jobs are being created as opposed to just the overall number?

Are there any reports that could show me the numbers of jobs created by county or region?

I had a look on Enterprise Ireland and the IDA site, but might be looking in the wrong places.

I assume the CSO site will give me the figures for last year in terms of unemployment and/or emigration?

Thanks in advance.

The CSO quarterly national household survey might give you a breakdown of employment/unemployment but for job creation, you'd probably need IDA erc. They can be reluctant to give overly detailed data but give them a call Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi, Thanks a lot. Yeah, I plan on giving them a bell. I know they might not give me specific data, but if they can give me something, it would be very useful...

Seachto, have a look at the 2011 report at the link below (I did some work for that organisation a few years ago). I think there's a 2012 report knocking around as well but I'm on my phone and can't find it.

If I remember correctly, it has some comparative employment data for the various regions.

http://www.mwra.ie/Regional_Planning/index.shtml

Great stuff, I'll have a look tomorrow.

I also had a look at this to see if it could be of any use: http://www.mwra.ie/Regional_Planning/MidWestDraftRPGs2010-2022.shtml

• Advertisement

Are there any stats out there that might show the types of jobs created in certain regions of Ireland?

(Still need to put in a call with the IDA, EI etc)

Onle guesswork seachto now, but djei.ie dept jobs etc might have something as well. Best of luck with the research.

Advertisement