Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No booking forms at first appointment

Options
  • 14-03-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I booked my pregnancy with Holles St about 6 weeks ago but never received the booking forms or confirmation letter. I double checked my appointment with them when I was in for an early scan and they had me on the system for the time I was given over the phone, which is good.
    I asked them to resend the forms, confirmed correct address etc and still have not received anything from them. I even called this week but checked today and no post has arrived from the hospital.

My appointment is first thing Tuesday morning (nervous!) so I will probably have to go without the forms. Can anybody tell me if this will be a problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm sure it won't be a problem, but I'd still call again and (again!) ask them to re-send the forms ... it'll save time having to fill them in on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You won't get them by Tuesday morning at this point anyway.... Coombe have a link to download the form on their website... do Holles St have similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get them on the phone at all. The booking line closes at 4pm and I was put on hold several times today and didn't get to speak to anyone. This has been happening a lot this week, I did get to speak to someone on Tuesday and she said she would resend them and I should have them today. But still nothing!

January, that's a great idea about downloading the forms but there doesn't seem to be anything on the website. I really hope I won't get turned away for not having the forms, especially after me trying to get them in the hospital and on the phone. I'm a bit worried now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Isolt wrote: »
    I booked my pregnancy with Holles St about 6 weeks ago but never received the booking forms or confirmation letter. I double checked my appointment with them when I was in for an early scan and they had me on the system for the time I was given over the phone, which is good.
    I asked them to resend the forms, confirmed correct address etc and still have not received anything from them. I even called this week but checked today and no post has arrived from the hospital.

My appointment is first thing Tuesday morning (nervous!) so I will probably have to go without the forms. Can anybody tell me if this will be a problem?

While I did send a form (given to me by my GP) to the Coombe, she also sent notification too. Her contact with the hospital was the important part, as it got me 'into the system'. The form I sent just told the hospital which was my preference of cover, be it public/semi/domino etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I didn't even bother going to my GP this time to confirm pregnancy and just sent the form to the Coombe and they sent me out my appointment... You don't need your GP to refer you to midwifery services in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can fill them out there are then but usually you get them in the post a few weeks before .
    It is 0 problem turning up with out them , you will prob end up being there for a couple of hours waiting anyway .
    None of my gps have ever had contact with the hospital on my behalf but they have written referral letters .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I filled out my forms in the hospital while waiting for bloods both times. They ask loads of questions at the first appointment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

There is a patient registration form for download at the bottom of the community midwives section -

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity-care-options/community-midwives.220.html

Seems really odd that they've sent you nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thanks Rua, I'm pretty sure that's the form they send out!

I will bring it anyway, thank you!!

Advertisement