Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken S4 screen

Options
  • 14-03-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Screen on my Samsung S4 is cracked. The digitizer underneath appears to be fine as the touchscreen is working perfectly.

One phone shop in Galway quoted €180 to fix with 2 hours. Another a hundred yards away quoted €80. Seems like a big difference to me.

Any recommendations on getting it fixed in the mayo/Galway area?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

€80 seems to cheap for an S4 screen unless they are using second hand parts. Cheapest I seen with genuine parts was €141 online.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

If the S4 is anything like the S2, it'll be a doddle to fix it yourself, as long as you have steady hands.

In most cases the digitizer and screen are one piece, so prob have to buy them together.

80 quid is pretty good though, as long as it's a reputable shop. Screens themselves are not much cheaper than 80 quid after a quick search on ebay.

Advertisement