Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking Online Friend For Coffee

Options
  • 14-03-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is a relatively small issue towards what else is here, but I figured I'd post anyway.

I've known this guy online for almost a year now. We met on Twitter after a friend tweeted us saying that we would get on well and we should follow each other. We did and we get on great.

He's got a new job right down the road from where I work part-time and where my college is. I pass by the building five or six times most days. I am thinking I will probably bump into him in the area at some stage over the next few weeks or months, as I spend a lot of time just going about the place.

If I do see him walking by, should I say hi? I'm afraid he wouldn't recognize me, although we were once at the same gig and when I was home he tweeted me "I think I saw you tonight." I'd love to ask him would he like to grab a coffee sometime because I'm kinda into him and genuinely want to know him better. But is asking someone to go for coffee too date-ish? Online we're in a lot of the same social circles (if that makes sense) so I wouldn't want things to be awkward between us.

Thanks.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

It's a coffee, not a marriage proposal. So why not ask him. Doesn't have to be date-like - all you have to say is "seeing as you are now working down the road from me, want to grab a coffee sometime when you're free?" And see what happens from there....

Why would it even be an issue? If he says yes, he's interested, if he says no, he's not. But either way you'll know for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

I agree definitely do it, it dosen't have to be a romantic thing just a casual coffee as friends seeing as he's nearby and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

No it would not be weird at all, if you have been speaking to him for a year he is probably thinking the same. Maybe he is to shy to ask too.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Go for it!! Don't leave it any longer without asking. its time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement