Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayfun Keeps Leaking

Options
  • 14-03-2014 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

First fill didnt leak, Have it layed on its side at moment with celotape over the airhole it is full and cant stop it leaking.

Im filling it from the top while keeping finger over air hole , filled it to top of curved chimmney stack , have tried opening the top with finger over air hole and re closing , still leaking,

I have tried closing air screw tight then opening top with finger over air hole and reclosing still leaking.

Anyone know how i stop this leaking or/and what i did wrong to begin with please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I turned it upsidedown and blew through the airhole , it seems to have stopped it leaking, why wouldnt it when the contents of tank came out out of mouth piece, should that happen ?

afraid to open it now or refill it as i dont know what i did wrong last time, im after wasting some bloody juice last 2 days,

slammed down my needle top filler bottle then in anger, ended up stabbing myself the depth of the needle nice, if i had a cig to hard it would have been set on fire lo

Edit im thinking seal from shimmney to top cap is not working properly seen as so much juice came out top when i blew through air hole , havent the heat to check it at moment though as id end up launching it up the garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Hope these help dude, it's all ahead of me, awaiting my Kayfun from Fasttech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Ionised

My Kayfun fills via a screw hole in the bottom. I recall trying to fill it from the top once and it did leak all over the place due to airpressure forcing the liquid out.

Is there no fill hole on the bottom?

I got it thanks guys this page helped also http://vapingwarfare.com/2013/08/how-to-fill-your-kayfun-3-1/

Is it ok top vape brass? i assume it is as you see brass tanks , guessing i will have a brass kayfun clone sooner than id like , can see dpots of brass on outside , tiny but not the best sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

How are you finding it now that it's not leaking?

Its OK , good for flavor and i think excellent at getting the nicotine into you.

I read on the user manual of the genuine kayfun and it says not to use juice stronger than 12mg , i have 18mg in it and it didnt kill me yet.

Not the best for vapor but it could be my build, find my self using my ego/aspire es-t combo, more than my clone kayfun/nemmy combo.

My clone setup sure does look prettier though :D

masonchat wrote: »
    Its OK , good for flavor and i think excellent at getting the nicotine into you.

I read on the user manual of the genuine kayfun and it says not to use juice stronger than 12mg , i have 18mg in it and it didnt kill me yet.

Not the best for vapor but it could be my build, find my self using my ego/aspire es-t combo, more than my clone kayfun/nemmy combo.

My clone setup sure does look prettier though :D

Damn, haha, the "Nemmy/Genny" or "Nemmy/Kayfun" clone setup are on my mind lately, I was very tempted to order them last night but I'm a bit wary of the clones being ****e. The price of them on Fasttech makes it so tempting though. I'd rather not spend a fortune on the genuine article if it wasn't going to float my boat. I seen the link put up on here of the ready made coils and that's when I got really interested haha. I do agree on the Nemesis clones, they're very pretty :D

Eff Four wrote: »
    Damn, haha, the "Nemmy/Genny" or "Nemmy/Kayfun" clone setup are on my mind lately, I was very tempted to order them last night but I'm a bit wary of the clones being ****e. The price of them on Fasttech makes it so tempting though. I'd rather not spend a fortune on the genuine article if it wasn't going to float my boat. I seen the link put up on here of the ready made coils and that's when I got really interested haha. I do agree on the Nemesis clones, they're very pretty :D

I cant vouch for Fasttechs nemmy as im still waiting for it , but i can say clone from vaporbreak is excellent quality and only $19 for the same as $24 on FT . delivery was $6 which cancelled the saving but it arrived fast enough.

makin the coils is REALLY easy once you have the right wire and and omh meter, them you will have confidence to recoil your existing tanks, most of them are recoilable

I cant vouch for Fasttechs nemmy as im still waiting for it , but i can say clone from vaporbreak is excellent quality and only $19 for the same as $24 on FT . delivery was $6 which cancelled the saving but it arrived fast enough.

makin the coils is REALLY easy once you have the right wire and and omh meter, them you will have confidence to recoil your existing tanks, most of them are recoilable

Nice, will definitely have a look at vaporbreak later on. I'd love a good tube mod to take out with me rather than the VTR, which is a great bit of kit but I end up using evods on the adapter most of the time and a lot of tanks won't fit it with the way it's designed. What exactly do I need to get if I were to buy say a kayfun clone? I'd rather get it all in one go then realise tomorrow I forgot something :pac: Also should I get a kick to go in the nemmy clone?

• Advertisement

Kick is a good idea unless you want to go sub omh the kick would stop you over draining your batteries and give you consistant watts for the life of the battery also offers protection from shorts/dodgy batteries , you need an omh meter , unless your vtr can read the resistance ?

some .2 AWG32 kanthal wire ,for wick you can use cotton balls boil it first for 15min and dry.and thats about it

Kick is a good idea unless you want to go sub omh the kick would stop you over draining your batteries and give you consistant watts for the life of the battery also offers protection from shorts/dodgy batteries , you need an omh meter , unless your vtr can read the resistance ?

some .2 AWG32 kanthal wire ,for wick you can use cotton balls boil it first for 15min and dry.and thats about it

Ah grand so, definitely want the kick ;)
    The VTR can read the resistance but I might just get one of the little handy table-like ohm meters anyway, they're only a tenner. How much wire should I be looking to buy, or does it just come in a standard amount everywhere? Got a big bag of organic cotton balls in Tesco earlier, OH thought I was going on some sort of facial cleansing bender.
    One last thing, does it get top heavy, the kayfun clone on the nemmy? Or are they both heavy enough?

esmokeireland have rolls of kanthal around 6 euro, they are very well balanced not top heavy at all

Brilliant, cheers for all the info :)

Eff Four wrote: »
    Brilliant, cheers for all the info :)

OH and toothpicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Get some AWG28 or 29 wire (0.32 or 0.28 mm) 0.2 mm wire is much too thin unless you plan on twisting it with a drill.

I can vouch for both nemesis and 69 mods from FT, both are amazing quality for the price. Get magnets if you're getting the nemesis, greatly improves the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

rickyjb wrote: »
    Get some AWG28 or 29 wire (0.32 or 0.28 mm) 0.2 mm wire is much too thin unless you plan on twisting it with a drill.

I can vouch for both nemesis and 69 mods from FT, both are amazing quality for the price. Get magnets if you're getting the nemesis, greatly improves the switch.

What do you do with the magnets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Pique wrote: »
    What do you do with the magnets?

Put them in place of the spring for the button.

grindle wrote: »

Ah I see the reasoning now.

Well it didn't work for me. Got the magnets from FT with the nemesis clone but with the Russian on top the button still fires.

Crappy magnets I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

How many magnets did you put in? I have 2 in mine but 3 should hold up anything.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    How many magnets did you put in? I have 2 in mine but 3 should hold up anything.

Just the 2. Will stick another couple in and see. Got 10 for a couple of bucks from FT so it's not as if it's an extra outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I think the nemesis has ruined me. Anything I try now just doesn't compare.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I think the nemesis has ruined me. Anything I try now just doesn't compare.

Have to say, since I wrapped a decent (ish) coil at 1.9 ohms tonight in the Russian, I'm liking the mechs again.

My previous was on a sigelei 19 and a couple of cheap crappy mods from FT that were OK on a protank but the kmax vw mod ruined me. I just got lazy.

Got a genesis Atty that I must resurrect and I'm sorted.

Although I'm also looking at the subreddit on how to build your own big assed, dual 18650, box mod. The parts are dirt cheap and I imagine the satisfaction is huge instead of paying massive prices for a premade one.

Advertisement