Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Content ID

Options
  • 14-03-2014 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Short story :)

I have a video on youtube of football players walking around a stadium at end of a match where they won the league. Its 33 minutes long and obviously awesome :)

BUT

In the background the PA is playing music (prince song and oasis song) so youtube blocked the audio(those 2 only for now).

Question 1:

Can i dispute this based on the fact its background music?

Quiestion 2

In the most likely event of 1 being No, how can i remove the music audio from the video without losing the actual audio of players and fans i want to keep.

thanking you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Q1: Not likely. You could argue that the music is 'incidental' but I'd imagine youtube would err on the side of caution, especially if there's extensive use of the music - I presume you can hear most of the songs?

Q2: You won't be able to get rid of the music without losing most of the crowd noise as well. What you could do is, if the songs are only there some of the time, use the audio without music in place of the parts with music. It might not be bang on what was heard on the day, but it could still work if you have a good long section without music you can use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can i dispute this based on the fact its background music?

replace "dispute" with "suggest".

Advertisement