Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin hellfire club

Options
  • 13-03-2014 11:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

anyone here ever gone up to the dublin hell fire club?first of all is it easy to find and would you recommend a trip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wait till Halloween much better experience you will prob meet Aidrian and Jeremy from 104 but now 98.

I actually have been always saying should go up there some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its a nice place to visit but it is no good for a paranormal investigation. Its very open and windy which means you cant try and capture EVP, its very wet and dusty so if you are into Orbs that could be a plus. There can also be a bad element afterdark.

However it is very easy to get to and only a short walk (20 mins) from the carpark to the top of the hill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 paranormal investigators

Thanks for that Riamfada.Not into orbs at all and also heard of a lot of gangs goin up there! still might check it out as its one of the famous haunted places

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id say head up during the day to get a feel for the place then go back again at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

The problem about going up at night is that you have to leave the car out on the road and its a notorious area for attracting people to set it alight (get a lot of nefarious types round those roads at night).

I went up at night before and Guards were waiting at the car when I came back to admonish me.

• Advertisement

It sounds like the type of place to do in midweek,pity about the gangs who ruin it for the rest of us.Il defo take a look in the day first and c what i make of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭bockeys jollocks

I travelled up to the hell fire club many times, mostly at night. I used to go on midnight hikes with the scouts when I was a teen, and while the place always felt a bit strange I never observed anything paranormal.

There was one strange incident, not paranormal but just a bit confusing. When I was in my 20's, a bunch of us headed up there about 2am. We were sitting on the roof looking down at Dublin when the clouds rolled in, it was so dense you couldn't see 4 feet in front of you, so we decided to climb down and head back to the car. We were about 40 metres away from the hell fire club, when this man stopped us. He was alone. He asked us where the hell fire club was with a big cheesy grin on his face.

We pointed him in the direction through the thick cloud cover, and off he went. We thought it was a bit strange, he didn't even have a torch?:confused: All by himself? at that hour of the night? in the fog?

Different strokes for different folks I guess..

thats a bit strange haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Friends of mine went up there one evening and met a load of ravers. They were very wary of my friends and their cameras and thought they were connected to the newspapers or gardai. They had no idea about the history of the building and were fairly interested when they were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Its really quite a busy spot popular with walkers during the day and hidden history tours and gangs of teenagers at night. Its a pretty cool building with an interesting history. Lovely woods on the way up and great view of Dublin when you're up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement