Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery fence

Options
  • 13-03-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭

Do you have an idea how much a decent battery electric fence costs and do you put much faith in them .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

The solar ones have come on a long way so I would not limit yourself to battery only

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

cjmc wrote: »
    Do you have an idea how much a decent battery electric fence costs and do you put much faith in them .

Couldn't tell ya the price, but a good one is a powerful device. I'd have every faith in one. Keep a good battery in it and no need to worry.
    You might want to devise some way of securing it that it can't be robbed on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Cheta CB 100 is around €165 have 4 of them for several years, great yokes. Its as much about the battery as the fencer. Brought them up to Cheta to get them serviced and wasn't expensive at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thanks for the replies , any particular specs re batteries ie voltage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

cjmc wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies , any particular specs re batteries ie voltage

I always preferred the wet battery 12V fencers. A middling car or tractor battery would keep her lit for a good while.
    We would always keep two batteries, one on the fencer an one charged ready for action, change it routinely and they never miss a beat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement