Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twonky Server on Linux disappearing from Horizon Box

Options
  • 13-03-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I downloaded Twonky Server for Linux from the UPC website and installed it on my linux desktop. It successfully installed and scanned all my media files.

I then went to my horizon box and went through the "Setup Home Network" menu item. I selected Join Network (I am still using the UPC router rather than the Horizon box as the router). The process completes successfully and immediately afterwards I can see the Twonky Server showing up under My Devices. However, after some time passes (an hour or so) if I return to My Devices the Twonky Server no longer shows up and it never returns. If I repeat the whole "Setup Home Network" process it returns but again will always disappear after a while. I have tried both with and without selecting to create a media catalogue in the "Setup Home Network" process.

Any idea why my Twonky Server is disappearing?

Note: My linux desktop with Twonky Server is connected by wired ethernet directly to the UPC router and the horizon box connect to the router via WiFi.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Have you checked that twonky is not having any issues on your linux pc? Can any other dlna client connect to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

I can't see any issues with Twonky on my linux PC. At least, it's running and I can always access its web UI. I will look at its logs tonight to see if there's anything there. Also, I have installed Twonky Mobile on my phone and it can always see the linux Twonky Server so I guess it must be okay.

Advertisement