Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hama beads in Dublin

Options
  • 13-03-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm new to the world of Hama beads, but since I discovered them, I have had the urge to get creative and possibly try to create some old gaming/comic book characters etc..

I have placed a few small orders with the official hama site, but as the carriage is a standard 10 quid to Dublin, it is working out quite expensive. Its just as bad, if not worse on ebay and amazon.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Dublin that sells hama beads in individual colours? I know the likes of Smyths and Toymaster sell bumper packs with multiple colours, but I need specific colours for the designs I intend on making

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You might be able to broaden your search by looking for Pony beads? They seem to be much the same thing, though I am no expert on either!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

You cant use pony beads as they wont melt properly or fit the hama boards.
    I got bulk packs in Smyths in Blanchardstown for a childrens group I was running as they were great value. We got the individual colours in Inspiring Ideas beside Smyths, they had about ten colours so don't know if you'd find the colours you'd need .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was really big into this a while back (more videogame sprites) and I just couldn't source them in Ireland. You can get tubs in IKEA, but they're crappy quality and you have to sort through all the colours.

I imported all of mine in bulk from the US from this seller. (I think I bought a batch of 30,000). They're in packs of solid colour, so no messing with sorting through them.

http://stores.ebay.ie/BakersKidsCraftsBooks-More?_rdc=1

Here's a few of the ones we made! :)

DSC_0312croppedsamus.jpg

Here's the bags they come in from that seller

DSC_0315.jpg

I've made some fairly large ones too. The Megaman robot dog here has about 3000-4000 beads in him.

[IMG][/img]DSC_0091-2.jpg

Advertisement