Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ants..

• 13-03-2014 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in but is it early in the year to be getting ants?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

In your pants?

Never too early IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Your a member here for seven years and you have to ask is AH the wrong forum?

The answer you need is that it is always the wrong forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Far too early. Mine are in Cork and London, don't want to see the fcukers til August at least, and if they think they are stopping here they have another thing coming, they can get a hotel or a B&B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Thought so lol! For those with an ant problem-use chemicals-or the heel of a shoe- works on aunts too ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

*Archer referrence*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

steveone wrote: »
    Thought so lol! For those with an ant problem-use chemicals-or the heel of a shoe- works on aunts too ha

Get something like this. Will sort out your problem in no time, just leave the box in their path and they will bring the poison back to their nest, killing the queen and other helpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah don't kill them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

jester77 wrote: »
    Get something like this. Will sort out your problem in no time, just leave the box in their path and they will bring the poison back to their nest, killing the queen and other helpers.
    They don't do a 6ft high version.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

A bugs life is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Advertisement

What does the pink panther eat for dinner?

Dead ants
    Dead ants
    Dead ants dead ants dead ants dead ants dead ants

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

We had ants last week so I'm gonna say 'No'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Had a nest in my front garden last Summer. Tried vinegar and it didn't do much, so I just got toilet bleach and poured it all over the trail. Certainly did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Petrol is your friend for those pesky ants.

(unless they're those sugar ants in your kitchen)

As far as I know you're fcuked unless you kill the queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Ants are hard working little buggers. Leave them alone and they'll clear all the deadbris from your house. I'm a fan of Ants, they're like Bees, little goers. The world would be a worserer place without ants. Also, poisoning, chemical-ising and stomping little insects is nasty. Leave em be. Or the Karma fairy will stomp you..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Is it like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

Ants are hard working little buggers. Leave them alone and they'll clear all the deadbris from your house. I'm a fan of Ants, they're like Bees, little goers. The world would be a worserer place without ants. Also, poisoning, chemical-ising and stomping little insects is nasty. Leave em be. Or the Karma fairy will stomp you..

Hah was waiting for one of these posts. i always leave spiders worms snails bees etc alone- i did have a pathological hatred of wasps until i met hornets in greece. Im more concerned about where the ants are nesting than the odd one on hoover patrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Sauve wrote: »
    Ah don't kill them :(
    Don't worry. Obama will save them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

ah - ah ants on my arm
    ah - ah ants on my arm
    ah - ah ants on my arm
    They're causing me alarm.

Anyone else have a kid doing jolly-phonics? No? Ok then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Ants are **** all comparing to what im going through.

Thousands and I mean thousands of Fruit flies have attacked our apartment. We are extremely (to the point of ridiculousness) clean, dont leave any food around and change the bio bin everyday etc but they wont go away. Have about 100 vinegar traps which are working but the bastards are horrid.

I cant imagine calling in german pest control though for a bunch of small flies. Tis getting on my nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

What does the pink panther eat for dinner?

Dead ants
    Dead ants
    Dead ants dead ants dead ants dead ants dead ants

You just caused me to sing that in a Pink Panther voice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

No ants but a poxy wasp flew in the balcony door yesterday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Don't mind ants......

Its the Dec's i don't like..................

Advertisement