Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about 'contempory art' assignment.

Options
  • 13-03-2014 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello there. I am applying for art college in Limerick as a mature student. Along with my portfolio I am expected to write a piece about a contemporary artist.
    My question is , my chosen artist died a few years ago, so does he count as 'contemporary'? Googling has confused me even more as people like Dali and Picasso are sometimes referred to as contemporary even though they are dead. Some definitions define 'contemporary' as anything after the 1950s.
    Im confused ! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The dictionary says "belonging to or occurring in the present" so I'd go with a living artist.

Advertisement