Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building your own house - help and advice?

Options
  • 13-03-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi There,

I'm looking for any advice on building a house.

I received planning permission last year for a house on a plot of land beside my parents. However the plans we put into the Council were deliberately 'modest' as my architect technician didn't think we would actually be granted the permission. In granting their permission the County Council also restricted the height of the house so a 2nd floor won't be possible. We are now being advised by our architect technician that we should get proper plans drawn up, altering the plans we submitted, to get a house closer to what we’d like - but it would have to be a bungalow due to the restrictions set by the Council.
    And this is where I’m completely lost. I don’t want to spend more money on getting plans drawn up (can anyone give an approx. cost for this?) and again more money submitting them to the Council (again any idea of these costs would be great, are they the same as submitting the original plans) when we have no guarantee we’re going to get the house we want.
    We’ve decided that if we cannot get the house we would then buy a house but don’t want to waste a deposit for a house on finding out!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement