Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cotton, to boil or not!

Options
  • 13-03-2014 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if Johnsons Baby cotton balls have to be boiled, the only extra info on the bag is, '100% Pure Cotton'! .. I'm Vaping it right now(straight from the bag)and no unusual taste or anything, just a great vape.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I got a taste if cotton balls that were not boiled, not sure if they were the same kind tbh.....but if no taste vape away....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I got a taste if cotton balls that were not boiled, not sure if they were the same kind tbh.....but if no taste vape away....:)

Right,,, because nobody seems to know, I've read about even 100% Organic balls being bleached!

ardle1 wrote: »
    Right,,, because nobody seems to know, I've read about even 100% Organic balls being bleached!
    Yes they are bleached, and as for 100% organic....well....maybe! cotton is one if the most ionised! blitzed! fizzled fibres on the planet.....but if washed.....it's fine....

Trues your taste/instinct......if it tastes fine, then it probably is......and very hard to change back to fibre glass....yes that is what it is!!! After cotton, and very easy to replace in a coil too....

Say thanks to the Grindle, he got me and a load more onto cotton months back....:)

Damm auto spell is making me look like an idiot, like I needed help!!

Edit: Just to say, found that Texcos own brand organic when washed and dried were perfect.....and enough to do about 5....10 maybe 15 years vaping......:)

Sound,, ok so now the silly question, I boil them for about ten minutes, and then I dry them,cool.... what's the best and quickest way to dry them, will I put them in a pillow case and into the tumble dryer huh:confused::)

Sound,, ok so now the silly question, I boil them for about ten minutes, and then I dry them,cool.... what's the best and quickest way to dry them, will I put them in a pillow case and into the tumble dryer huh:confused::)
    Pillow case and dryer sounds good, I put them under the grill at low and watched a movie,.....oooops.....burned some of them....and they taste rank, the unburned ones are fine....so next batch in 2039 I will do as you say......unless they have invented something else by then......alcho cigs maybe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I put them under the grill at low and watched a movie,.....oooops.....burned some of them....and they taste rank

Now that's funny. Do you throw a few rashers in as well while your at it ?

TinCool wrote: »
    Now that's funny. Do you throw a few rashers in as well while your at it ?
    Ha ha haa.....Actually there was a smokey bacon flavour juice going around at the Vaoefest, we all tried it at our table and everyone agreed that it was worse than vile........

Do not grill cotton.....rashers, sausages, cheese sambos but never cotton!,!,! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

100% organic cotton yarn is available at most sewing supply shops/eBay...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Twilleys-Sincere-DK-Organic-Cotton-600-Snowdrop-Yarn-/141170676041?pt=UK_Crafts_Knitting_Crochet_EH&hash=item20de6d9149

Boil first, then air dry before use.

€6 for roughly 25 meters is a lot of wick.

Lots of videos on YouTube, people are using it with great results.

Tip off the day: use spud masher to squeeze out the majority of water before placing in pillow case and tumble drying.... Oh before I go, one more tip: do not grill your 'balls'!

Tip off the day: use spud masher to squeeze out the majority of water before placing in pillow case and tumble drying.... Oh before I go, one more tip: do not grill your 'balls'!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Hairdryer...no fuss, no muss ;):D

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Hairdryer...no fuss, no muss ;):D
    Did the hair dryer work, and how long did it take...? Eying up GF's hair dryer as we speak.....:P

Bloody vid wont play for me!

Bloody vid wont play for me!

Don't know why....appears fine here.....not to worry it is south park chef singing about his salty balls.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

I found the Tesco's Own Brand cotton tastes much better than the Johnsons Baby stuff.
    I dont even bother washing it... probably bleacing all the tar stuck to me alveoli!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Ionised

platinums wrote: »
    I found the Tesco's Own Brand cotton tastes much better than the Johnsons Baby stuff.
    I dont even bother washing it... probably bleacing all the tar stuck to me alveoli!

Tesco cotton balls FTW!

I don't bother boiling them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I boiled the first lot I got (Tesco) then was in a hurry one time so didn't bother boiling and it made no noticeable difference.

Now that is interesting that Tesco cotton does not seem to need boiling, I used some of the OH's cotton and it did need boiling very badly.....then I presumed that all cotton needed boiling....will test later tonight as well..:)

Yep, yez are 100% right! Tesco organic cotton balls taste perfect straight out of the bag.

Only difference seems to be that when I washed them I also flattened them and it made it easier to pull a wick length the correct width off the ball. As they are the cotton is way fluffier (good) but a little trickier to put in a 1.2mm coil which is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I couldn't tell the difference either between boiled and unboiled tesco balls, but I'm not sure if it was my imagination or not but after about a month of using them I got a very sore throat. I did have the flu so that could have been it.
    I changed over to dunnes stores hospital quality cotton and all is good. I don't boil it either. I think it was around €6 for a big roll (500grams).

• Advertisement

Never got a sore throat from cotton....

The medical cotton, with the blue paper in between, have not seen it for years, would never have thought to look in Dunnes.

500grams....you do realise you will have to bequeat the remainder in your will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Yeah, its the stuff with the blue paper.
    Yep :-) I'm pretty wasteful with it though, I pull off a clump, take enough for a wick and throw the rest in the fire, must stop doing that!

Same as, use it to mop up liquid spills etc.....:) Still have a huge bag of them though....

Advertisement