Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of renting out my land Kildare/Meath

Options
  • 12-03-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks

I own 18 acres of grass land (never reseeded but good quality) that I'm thinking of renting out. I got a flock number last year and kept and still have <15 sheep as a hobby but I work long hours and don't want to continue for a number of personal reasons.

I know of someone reliable looking to get a herd number on it and to rent it for 5 years and I'm wondering if I should go ahead or not with the CAP and single farm payment revision or should I wait until 2015? I've no real clue about these things. I don't planin farming myself beyond this year.

Any opinions of rental price Kildare/Meath border per acre?
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

With 7 hectares and 15 or so sheep, the entitlements aspect would be minimal, I think. Rent it to someone reliable and you should get €2000 rent. Lease it with a formal contract for 5 years, and I think the income is tax free. Lakill would know better about this. When you get the yearning to do a bit of farming at the weekend, it'll still be there, and the lad farming will be glad of a hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

I'm sure a good few of the spud boys will be after that, where abouts are you? Good land?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GoOnTaigh

micraX wrote: »
    I'm sure a good few of the spud boys will be after that, where abouts are you? Good land?

Thanks for the replies. Already have a suitable interested farmer to take it, wouldn't put it into spuds

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GoOnTaigh

Thanks

Advertisement