Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Protein question ?

• 12-03-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Well . I take protein from Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Std , I would like to buy protein from myprotein.ie but Im new in this topic (protein ) Are the impact Protein as well go as Gold Std ? Are there any different's , do I have to get BCAA and Glutamine & Glutamic separately?Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

nowy798 wrote: »
    Well . I take protein from Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Std , I would like to buy protein from myprotein.ie but Im new in this topic (protein ) Are the impact Protein as well go as Gold Std ? Are there any different's , do I have to get BCAA and Glutamine & Glutamic separately?Thanks for help

Protein is protein. Only difference really is taste. People will argue over ingredients as well but that stuff never bothered me. Why are you taking glutamine and glutamic and BCAAs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nowy798

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Protein is protein. Only difference really is taste. People will argue over ingredients as well but that stuff never bothered me. Why are you taking glutamine and glutamic and BCAAs?
    There are mixed together with protein form Gold Std.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I used to buy Optimum Nutrition until the price started rising (a couple of years ago). Once the type of whey protein is the stuff you want then it doesn't really matter what the brand is unless a specific brand has other unwanted factors such as cholesterol or carbs in their product.

MyProtein: I recently tried Myprotein and found their unflavoured impact way to be fine, tastes like fairly tasteless vanilla ice cream.

BCAA's & Glutamine: I would say that buying the bcaas and glutamine separately would be more beneficial than buying protein with them already included in the mix (ala Optimum Nutrition) because you can be 100% sure of the dosage and the quality (you choose which ones you buy).

Personally speaking I wouldn't really put much stock in the bcaas that are supposedly in various brands of protein. I buy bcaas separately in powdered form and find they work very effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Myprotein get their whey protein concentrate from the same company that makes gold standard's stuff. I wouldn't waste your money on BCAAs or glutamine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Myprotein get their whey protein concentrate from the same company that makes gold standard's stuff. I wouldn't waste your money on BCAAs or glutamine.

I disagree. I don't think that bcaas are a waste of money. BCAAs definitely reduce muscle soreness and recovery time for me and in general I feel physically better when I'm taking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Dermighty wrote: »
    I disagree. I don't think that bcaas are a waste of money. BCAAs definitely reduce muscle soreness and recovery time for me and in general I feel physically better when I'm taking them.

Aren;t all the required BCAAs in whey? And also any other protein you digest throughout the day. I've heard they'#re only useful after fasted training (and probably before) to maintain your fast till you break it Leangains style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Aren;t all the required BCAAs in whey? And also any other protein you digest throughout the day. I've heard they'#re only useful after fasted training (and probably before) to maintain your fast till you break it Leangains style.

Yeah, whey protein already has a massive amount (relative to other sources of protein) of BCAA's. Regards Leangains, they're only recommended as a precaution, Martin Berkhan (the founder) says 20-30g of whey would have a very similar effect and that neither may be necessary as training fasted induces (or seems to) biophysical responses that spare muscle. I've nothing against people taking them but I'm not too fond of people recommending them unless they say that there is practically no evidence that they are of any benefit to anyone that isn't at a very competitive level of bodybuilding (and even at that stage it is debatable).

Advertisement