Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Issue

Options
  • 12-03-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,860 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Hopefully one of you guys who are in the know might be able to help...

I have an S3 on the 3 network. On Monday I was prompted to install a firmware update which I did. Although I got an error message saying that it didn't upload and if I wanted to proceed. I think I may have hit ok.. I was a bit distracted at the time unfortunately I can't remember what exactly the wording of the prompts were...

Anyway ever since the upshot is that when I turn my phone on it will shutdown and restart automatically after about 60 seconds and this is a constant cycle without exception.

I don't know what to do. Some googling has indicated that I shouldn't have proceeded after the incomplete firmware update.

Has this happened to anyone else ? Can anyone advise of a possible fix please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Plenty of discussion on this over on the Three 'Talk to' forum --> http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057149821

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Download the correct firmware from sammobile and flash with odin. I would recommend you do a full wipe as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,860 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks guys... I decided after some more research including the 3 forum that I could do the reboot using the up volume button, home key and power button. It seems to have worked ! The phone is charging, acting normally and not powering off this is about 3 hours later after the reboot.

Also I called into a 3 store tonight who advised me to ask for an advance upgrade which I did and that should be confirmed tomorrow... Might go ahead and get me a note 3 or keep the s3 up and running for a few weeks and wait for the S5... The Note looks mighty tempting though.

Advertisement