Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber supplies

Options
  • 12-03-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all. I am seeking a small amount of 2 specific timbers.
    1) Lignum Vitae, for a propellor shaft bearing on a boat.
    2) Ironwood. I know Lignum Vitae is one of the multitude of wood types that can be referred to as Ironwood, but I am interested in replica medieval weaponry. AN Ironwood was used to make a weapon known as a Halberd. Very hard, black and dense(sinks in water), but not Ebony

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi sbkenn sorry I can't help with the hardwoods but I would love to hear more about the boat your building if you have a link or photos could you post them please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

Ya know me !!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

sbkenn wrote: »
    Ya know me !!!!

Would this boat be one of the 93 Ham-class, :) Not sure if these would be any good to you and can image the price they would be http://lignum-vitae-bearings.com/wood-bearing/

Advertisement