Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR documents! Urgent!

Options
  • 12-03-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm applying to the HEAR scheme and at the bottom it says I need a P21 and Notice of Assessment (or whatever it's called).

So my dad went to the tax office to get them but they said he doesn't get a P21, only a Notice of Assessment thingy as he is and was (in 2012) semi self employed or something.

So I asked my Careers teacher and she says that whatever pops up at the bottom of the form (ie the P21 & Notice of Assessment) is subject to whatever you entered on the form, i.e I do in fact need the P21.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Dad is assuring me that the tax office said he doesn't get a p21, and then my Careers teacher is saying I must have what they tell me.

Thanks guys, panicking as deadline is soon!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mallen

The notice of assessment should show all his income for the year so that should be OK. Call the CAO office and check with them to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

In the letter I got from HEAR, it says you need a P21 and/or a Notice of Assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stark2014

Your Dad needs to see his Accountant if he was self employed in 2012. Depending what you put down on Hear Form you will see which documents are needed. If he was working for someone else in 2012 then he could contact his local revenue office for P21. Time is a ticking and HEAR are quite strict with deadlines. Good luck.

Advertisement