Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any local towing service available?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello there.
    My car has been broken down for a few days already, and I would like to get it to my mechanic friend who works in the city.
    I have signed to AA membership, but if I use it as the option 'home start', it could only tow my car about 15 miles away from my house (which is not enough to the city). And if I use it as the secure plus option (that means my car is not broken down at my house), then it could tow my car anywhere I want.

So I was wondering if there is any Balbriggan towing service could tow my car away like 3 miles away with a reasonable price?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Get a mate to tow it on a Sunday morning. What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ezdilan

micraX wrote: »
    Get a mate to tow it on a Sunday morning. What's wrong with it?

It is a disaster. :(
    The fuel pump is not working, and it happened like 3 times in one month, which means simply switch a new pump is not a final solution at all.

The funny part is all my friends' car does not have the hook. >.<

Maybe anyone lives in balbriggan could help me out ? I won't let him do it for free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

When I used a towing/breakdown service via my insurance it had a similar condition which would only bring car to the nearest garage within xx miles. When the tower arrived I told him I wanted it brought to my preferred garage, he said no problem that will be €30 and I had to fill out a form to agree to such. Not sure if AA do similar?

Advertisement