Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palma Violets - Irish Tour

Options
  • 12-03-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

The saviours of British rock 'n' roll will be in Ireland next month. Dragging British culture out of its Kaiser Chiefs-inspired doldrums, these four icons have put Camden back at the centre of world music.

That, or they're a band who had three or four good songs on their average debut album. Either way, they'll be in Ireland in April and will be playing Dublin's Workman's Club. Tickets are on sale Friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

will the hipsters be out in force?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

will the hipsters be out in force?

Yea dont see the big deal with them . But maybe because im not really into that stuff as much anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Says it all when they're playing a venue as small as Workmans..they'll release one more album at best before vanishing with the likes of Viva Brother and other NME hype bands before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

i actually do really like them but to be fair i really don't know much about that whole music scene, i saw their name on a festival line up and started listening to them, i've heard them being referred to as 'just another indie band' and i don't think there's a comeback for that! apparently chilli is going out with alana haim though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Ok NME have obviously hyped them, fair enough, but NO BAND deserves to be compared to Viva Brother!!! Even by manufactured band standards, those lads took the absolute biscuit. They were a goth band originally, now apparently they are a synth pop band! They might have been from Manchester, but they weren't "REEEEAL!"

180 is actually quite a decent album, but I'm not sure if it's still "hip" to like Palma Violets. They were hipster cool when they played Dublin with Gangs in 2012. It's a full 18 months since that gig, so if anything, it's more "hipster" to hate them at this stage. The album has come out, and people can now judge them on their music, rather than clichéd titbits released by NME "journalists."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Arrogant bunch with mediocre songs, yeah think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Seen them twice last year and really enjoyed them.

Pity it's on a Tuesday night as I can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

saw them last night in Galway, they were ok only .. nothing majorly fab. What's with the "hipster" following they have? i don't get that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I saw them in Dublin. They were quite good, all the album tracks were very good. They did throw in some new (I presume) songs, in which the atmosphere slightly lulled.

Hipsters in Galway?! Tight-fit, v-necked GAA jerseys?!

Advertisement