Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to save my contacts before fone goes to shop

Options
  • 12-03-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

have htc wildfire its been on blinka while,cant downld any apps,apps already installed wont work - very few downloaded. told that fone has no memory left...whereto save contacts and diary before htc wipe them? this is p..in me off BIG TIME..andI would be so gratefl for any help....saved pics on dropbox...

thanks in advance......:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You just need to sync all your current phone / SIM contacts to your Google account. Here's a guide:

http://boilr.net/2011/11/29/how-to-combine-phone-and-google-contacts-on-android/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 slappyjoe1965

hi and thanks for input...my phone wont move contacts so just putting all on another phone - hopefully itll work!

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭pah

haven't had to worry about transferring contacts for 4 years now, sync and save to google, stored forever in the cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Google/Android automatically backs up a significant portion of your data to the cloud with your permission. To allow this, go to Settings > Backup & Reset, and then tap “Backup My Data” and “Automatic Restore.” From this screen you can also select the Google account to which you’d like to sync your data.

You should also go to
    Settings > accounts/sync > choose your Gmail account here and then ensure all options are set to sync and then everything’s is backed up to your Gmail /Google account so the next phone you turn on and use this account on will magically show all your stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4 slappyjoe1965

Hi thanks for response..sync wont work "will be back shortly" but wont! and wont recognise any of the two gmail accounts!!! problems...
    Google/Android automatically backs up a significant portion of your data to the cloud with your permission. To allow this, go to Settings > Backup & Reset, and then tap “Backup My Data” and “Automatic Restore.” From this screen you can also select the Google account to which you’d like to sync your data.

You should also go to
    Settings > accounts/sync > choose your Gmail account here and then ensure all options are set to sync and then everything’s is backed up to your Gmail /Google account so the next phone you turn on and use this account on will magically show all your stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You just need to clear some memory, start by deleting the apps you don't really need (games can take a lot of space).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Hi thanks for response..sync wont work "will be back shortly" but wont! and wont recognise any of the two gmail accounts!!! problems...
    Then there is a bigger issue with the phone if that wont work - try deleting unwanted apps and clearing the cache on others and see if you can reboot and maybe even re-signin with your Google account again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

This is where you will find them if you are backing them up to a Google account

https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts

Advertisement