Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TxK

Options
  • 12-03-2014 10:19am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else played TxK on the Vita? It's the new tempest like game by Jeff Minter. It's a hell of a lot less confusing than Space Giraffe thank god. It plays pretty similar to Tempest 2000 but this time it's not on a crappy machine! I'm really enjoying it fora quick blast and the music is great as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yup, played it a bit on the Vita hanging around the office, bunch of the guys have gotten it for their own too. Pretty fantastic imo, the standard Minter retina-searing fare, definitely added to the reasons to own a Vita. :)

A couple of mates did tracks for the soundtrack too, she's up on Bandcamp if you want to give it a listen outside of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I prefer Tempest 2000 to be honest, but this edition at least is available to the great unwashed at a keen price.
    It looks great, sounds good and, while it is a great way to spend a few minutes, when you get into it you can get quite engrossed in a prolonged session.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I do miss the music from Tempest 2000 though, which was reused in Tempest 3000 as well.

And, if I didn't already have a Vita, I'd buy a Vita to play this game alone.

Advertisement