Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick on WoT?

Options
  • 12-03-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit of a noob on WoT, and a definite noob on this forum, so please be gentle with me...

Do you have to use mouse/keyboard to control the game, or can I set up a joystick?

TIA.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no official support, but with external mapping programs it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Thanks.

Noob question #2:

What does that mean? I mean, I know what each of the words mean, but together they just go 'Whoosh' over my head!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A third party program uses the joystick buttons to replicate the keyboard buttons instead.

Would you be able to point me in the direction of where I'd find such a thing?

Thanks.

Found this via google.

http://atzitznet.no-ip.org/Joy2Mouse3/

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you will be raped! unless your referring to world of warplanes

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

You need to be able to aim with precision..... even at the lower tiers it is not just about hitting a tank but hitting it in the right spot.... there is no doubt that it is alot easier to do that when you have a mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 8 awgz

@Locum-Motion it would be the equivalent of playing Call Of Duty with the trackpad on a laptop. I would not recommend it at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Very very bad idea, practice with the keys and get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

VikingG wrote: »
    You need to be able to aim with precision..... even at the lower tiers it is not just about hitting a tank but hitting it in the right spot.... there is no doubt that it is alot easier to do that when you have a mouse

completely agree, trying to take out a KV1s lower glacis or ammo racking a tank with a joystick would be a nightmare

Advertisement