Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party gift bags

Options
  • 12-03-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi There

I would like some advice on what to add in to the party bags, so far i have got photo frames with "The Girls" written on them, (there is only 9 going), I got disposable camera for each girl going ,i was going to add some sweets and painkillers,party feet and bottles of water, what are your opinions on this, not sure about the disposable cameras now, i loved the idea at the time?
    Has anyone done this?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

annie jay wrote: »
    Hi There

I would like some advice on what to add in to the party bags, so far i have got photo frames with "The Girls" written on them, (there is only 9 going), I got disposable camera for each girl going ,i was going to add some sweets and painkillers,party feet and bottles of water, what are your opinions on this, not sure about the disposable cameras now, i loved the idea at the time?
    Has anyone done this?
    Thanks in advance :)

I would imagine it kind if depends on the type if party. Is the bag to be given at the party, or to be left in hotel rooms? Giving a bottle if water when in a restaurant is no use, as is the guests getting disposable cameras left on their hotel beds ti be found after the party!

To be honest, I would scrap the camera idea. Everyone will use their own and the disposables cost a lot to be developed. I have only ever been given a party bag once at a hen party and it contained sweets and a couple of bits we were to wear. I much prefer the idea of a recovery pack for use the next day- painkillers, plasters, mints, Lifelines or Diorilytes (sp?) and maybe even some cheapo refreshing foot cream. But again, this would only work if it is a boozy, dancy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 annie jay

Thanks ElleEm, I have actually bought the camera! I thought it would be quirky i didn't think of the cost in developing 9! I was thinking of making a scrap book with the photos taken on the night and give it to the bride at a later date. Is there a hen party game where the cameras can be incorporated ?
    The bags will be left in their hotel room before they arrive,as I will be arriving before the rest of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kate!!!

annie jay wrote: »
    Thanks ElleEm, I have actually bought the camera! I thought it would be quirky i didn't think of the cost in developing 9! I was thinking of making a scrap book with the photos taken on the night and give it to the bride at a later date. Is there a hen party game where the cameras can be incorporated ?
    The bags will be left in their hotel room before they arrive,as I will be arriving before the rest of the party.

You could take a pic outside each pub you go to ? Or have a list of pics to get like one with a barman/Garda etc . What sort of bags are giving as in what will the bag be made of ? Brown paper or personalised cotton bags ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wow. Jaysis that's some goodie bag. Are you the bride and buying all this for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

I like the little party bag idea.. Camera sounds great.. I got one recently that had a little pot of nail polish, and pocket mirror and some nice lipbalm..

thought it was a funny idea might be worth for the bride and the bridesmaid was a garter with a little pocket at the side to store a mini bottle of vodka, think it was on pintrest maybe..

You could give each hen maybe fun suggestions of photos to take or ones that surprise the bride or something like photobombing could turn out funny...Could get some cheap dark sunglasses all in pink perhaps for the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Colourful tack from Glitzy Bits? :) Was at an 80's themed hen and it was good fun having colourful hair accessories, bangles, beads and leg warmers. So something that goes with whatever activity you're doing or theme?
    Party bags we got also had lip gloss, make-up sparkles... maybe mini soaps, or bath bombs, silly straws...
    I like party bags but the down side is that their contents may be fun for a bit, but will unlikely be used much after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I had my hen recently. Dealz is the place to go. I got nail files, sweets, lip balm, nail varnishes all for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kate!!!

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I had my hen recently. Dealz is the place to go. I got nail files, sweets, lip balm, nail varnishes all for next to nothing.

Dealz/pound shop is a great idea 😄. Love the idea of giving everyone an eye mask and bottle of water for the morning after.

Advertisement