Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apostille waiting times for Dept of Foreign Affairs

Options
  • 11-03-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I don't like creating a new thread, when the info is probably elsewhere - I just can't see it.
    Given that the DFA don't answer their phones, I don't have an answer to a simple question. I sent in my documents last week, and I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I know I should have gone in person, but hey - that's hindsight!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did you send them by registered post by any chance? There's a contact form on the website so it might be worth trying that. Is it far for you to travel to get in to the office? If you don't hear back and get no joy on the phone or with the contact form it might be a good idea to show up in person and see what the story is with your docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

It was sent by registered post Friday 28th Feb, so they received it Monday 3rd, which makes it just over a week and a half- not too long, but I'd like to know when to expect it...
    I'm in Galway, so a bit of a trek. I did find that contact form, but I'm more impatient than I realised!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

OK, as a follow up for anybody else wondering for their own benefit, I received a brief email from the DFA telling me that it's at least 10 working days. I expected that, but the "at least" bit makes me nervous :)

Advertisement