Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New chess club in South Dublin

Options
  • 11-03-2014 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone wants to play club chess in Monkstown, Dun Laoghaire, Sallynoggin, Glasthule, Dalkey, Killiney area? We are a group of chess enthusiasts, and we are currently exploring the possibilities of starting a new chess club in the area. We have former club players among us, as well as a few beginners, all very friendly people. Would you care to join us? If so, send me a private message.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Dun Laoghaire already has a club who'd welcome new members. http://dlchess.org/home/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mojo Man

Dun Laoghaire have a club night on Wednesday from 8pm. So far as I know, they have more than forty members meeting in a packed room. This year they have three teams playing in the Leinster League, and they are likely to field four in the next season. Most of the matches also take place on Wednesday nights, which makes it difficult for non-league players to even get a game. I can't see how that club can cater for the whole area unless they move into larger premises. That's why we are thinking about starting a new club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Get your hands off our Bodley next season!!! :mad: :p

Best of luck with it though. The game's really growing the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mojo Man

If we set up a new club we'll definitely enter a team in the Bodley. That's a mighty big if, though.

Advertisement