Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Course help?!

Options
  • 11-03-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I was looking at business related courses and I found 2 in DCU that looked good:
    1) Global Business (DC112/ DC114)
    2) Business Studies International (DC110)
    I was wondering if anyone knows the difference? Also which one would be better for me? I really want to do French or Spanish or both as well as business along with an Erasmus in whichever. Also, I didn't do junior cert business and I'm in 5th year. I'm doing great in business and French and Spanish but as regards business I'm not really into the Economics/Accounting side of it. I looked at the course content but I really can't see the difference. Any help please? Or any other course that would be just as good? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

I know with global business you end up with two degrees, one from the college you spend placement in depending on the one you pick, with international its just your dcu degree

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Louisew97

In global business you spend two years abroad (3rd&4th). You do a full degree in a Spanish/French university of business. You do recieve two degrees at the end of the fourth year.
    The modules are slightly different but you can check those on the dcu website.
    I personally think global business seems a like a course that is more orientated for people working abroad in the future, and no doubt two years abroad will have a massive impact on your language and understanding of the chosen country.
    I'm actually stuck between doing global business or business and spanish in trinity :)

Advertisement